IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hate Martin Sheen.
Mainly because he's reminded me, since I've started watching The West Wing (what, about two months ago?) just what a Real President could be.

Fergit Shrub. Fergit Clinton. Fergit Shrub's Daddy, who despite the fact that I didn't like him, at least was enough of a guy that I could at least call him a Bush. Ferget Reagan (PLEASE!). I don't want to say Fergit Carter, but ya gotta do that as well - he just didn't take to the job that well.

Forget Ford, Nixon, and Johnson. Ya gotta go all the way back to Kennedy who can match this guy's ability to Inspire, and at the same time not be a moron. Looking back at the past, it seems like ever since Kennedy lost his life, Presidents just haven't been the same. I know there have been droughts in the President's office before... Such as near the end of the 1800s, a series of totally forgettable nobodies... But damn, does NBC have to rub our NOSES in the STINK coming out of the White House lately? No, I'm not talking about one party or the other, I just have not seen a SINGLE decent and effective president in the White House while I've been alive.

Bastards. Make me want to go live in TV land, after all these years of my self-deprogramming.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Forget Reagan - after all, Reagan already has...
...OK, that's not nice. But anyway, maybe The West Wing is the greatest piece of public political education seen in a long time. It might be enough to actually inspire people to get out there and actually cast a vote next time.

I don't know how much audience it gets - is it just preaching to the converted?
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Yeah, that was low.
And yes, from my conversations with people, it's pretty much only preaching to the already converted.

Reagan was an especially low point in the political process - he IMO was the beginning of the Actor President - the charismatic figurehead who dupes the people into thinking everything is a-okay while his buddies loot the treasury. Bush rode in on his coattails, but got ousted by another Actor President - Clinton - and Clinton didn't even have enough coattails for Gore to come in behind him. Shrub is just another Actor-President.

I have no idea who comes next. McCain is making rumbling noises... But I don't know enough about him to say that I'd like him as President. I do know I would have rather seen McCain v.s. Bradley, but The Powers That Be guaranteed Bore versus Shrub...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Your complaining that Reagan was an Actor-President?
While at the same time admiring an Actor Playing the President? WTF? Sheen is a great actor, but he is acting a script that someone else wrote. He must be doing a great job as he has fooled most of the watchers into thinking those lines he is spouting are actually thoughts from his head. Watch a real live interview with the guy and you would have a hard time electing him dogcatcher of Dogpatch. The Rivers of Darkness movie, the making of apocolypse now might give you a few ideas.
thanx,
Bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Oh, I know the difference.
I hate him not for BEING a good President (he isn't a President) but for showing us THROUGH THE STORY what a good President COULD POTENTIALLY BE IF WE HAD THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS AND DEMAND A REAL FARKIN' LEADER!

That clear enough for you?
     I hate Martin Sheen. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
         Forget Reagan - after all, Reagan already has... - (Meerkat) - (3)
             Yeah, that was low. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                 Your complaining that Reagan was an Actor-President? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Oh, I know the difference. - (inthane-chan)

Mandatory cayenne enemas would have the same effect.
65 ms