IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Feedly?
With the gnashing of teeth about Google Reader being EOLed, I got to thinking that an RSS reader might make my life easier.

I glance at Google News a few times a day, but mostly just skim the headlines. I never used the little News widget that was part of Google Desktop - it was too distracting.

There have been several stories that Feedly has picked up 0.5M former GR users in the last few days. I downloaded it for Firefox an hour or so ago, but apparently their servers are being hammered because nothing has updated.

Maybe a good RSS reader would enable me to eliminate about 30 tabs in Firefox or a couple of GB in Chrome. Maybe.

Anyone use Feedly? Any gotchas? Other recommendations?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I just started using it
I did not use Google Reader previously, but like you I thought there might be something to it.

I find keeping up with all of the stories it finds difficult so far, and bits of the interface annoy me to no end. For example, invisible UI elements that only appear when moused over must die.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I used to use Google Reader.
I made the fundamental mistake of following too many feeds. Ugh.

I see new blog posts linked from Twitter and if that's not enough or I don't want to follow their tweets, I sign up for an email, often using WordPress' "Follow" mechanism. I like the emails. Works well for me.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New I also subscribed to too many
Through the magic of multiple tags, I picked a bunch to mark as "overload". When I don't have time, I mark the whole category read.

Big thing I hate about feedly (and all the others I've checked) is they want to find stuff for me.

How about *I* pick what I want to follow and you just show it to me?
--

Drew
New Re: Feedly?
I used Google Reader to follow a few dozen feeds. Strangely enough, I downloaded their iOS app shortly before the EOL announcement so the brand was familiar.

I like it so far. I liked the default magazine layout at first, but started to notice it often shows thumbnails for images it thinks are related to a story instead of actual images from the story. This can be quite annoying on more visually oriented feeds (aka: funny reddit image posts). I've since switched to full article view. The gray on gray sidebar is kinda hard to read but there are other color themes to try.
     Feedly? - (Another Scott) - (4)
         I just started using it - (malraux)
         I used to use Google Reader. - (static)
         I also subscribed to too many - (drook)
         Re: Feedly? - (altmann)

This is to prove I can paint like Titian.
71 ms