IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Weird.
The linky works fine on multiple machines here in FF and Chrome. :-/

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by a 2015 release in the US. It took them a while to release the current SportWagen and I think the TDI version was even a few months after that.

But I don't quite get why VW is muddying the water by calling the US model Jetta Sportwagen. The Jetta is an entirely distinct line in Europe.

I don't recall the details of the history, but I thought the Jetta was originally developed as a Golf/Rabbit with a trunk for the US because too many people here wanted a trunk. Hatchbacks faded away over time. Wagons have always been more popular in Europe than over here - I'm happy they're still selling them. I don't want an SUV/UAV/Crossover/Truck. I want a car that has reasonable cargo capacity in a small footprint. Audi wagons look nice, but they're so swooppy that they don't have as much cargo room as a boxier wagon like the Jetta.

Production of the Bora (Type IV Jetta) began in July 1999. The wagon wasn't introduced until January 2001. If that timeline holds, then the 7 Wagon may not be here until late 2015. :-/

Oh well. Maybe Ford will have something similar, or maybe a diesel hybrid wagon, by then. Competition is good!

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who still isn't looking for a new car for himself, but would like to get rid of J's 2000 Corolla...)
New Looks like they absolutely want cookies
I have FF set up not to accept any. I'm used to breakage starting when you need to log in for something, but this is ridiculous.
New Ah. That makes sense. (I just delete them every day.)
     Nice car: VW Golf 7 Variant Wagon - (Another Scott) - (9)
         US citizens... - (folkert) - (1)
             No, VW has no trouble selling diesels. - (Another Scott)
         Linky possessed? - (scoenye) - (3)
             Weird. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Looks like they absolutely want cookies - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Ah. That makes sense. (I just delete them every day.) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Still waiting for auto companies to Learn from - (Ashton) - (2)
             Did you see that the XL1 is going into production? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 No didn't.. guess I should get out more - (Ashton)

> We didn't need to have you spouting Yoda quotes to know that you're sad... but thanks for the extra effort...
70 ms