IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New US citizens...
don't want or like or want or like diesels. Really they don't like them either.

You know... because they know.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New No, VW has no trouble selling diesels.
I think that they'll send us the 2.0+ liter TDIs with the DSG transmissions and maybe even 4WD and leather everything, GPS, Sirius/XM, etc., etc., so the only way to get the TDI will be if you want to spend $35k for it. And so they'll get 45 mpg rather than 55+.

Kinda like the way they moved the Jetta Sportwagen up market (the base is now $25k and can easily move above $30k with options). (My 2004 TDI Jetta wagon was $21.5k.)

:-(

Not that I blame them, but I think it's short-sighted. There are enough German luxury car brands here - we don't need another.

AFAIK, the only diesels VW has had any difficulty at all selling here in the last decade or so are the V10 Touaregs. It would have been interesting to see if the Phaeton would have sold better if they brought one of the diesel versions over...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Nice car: VW Golf 7 Variant Wagon - (Another Scott) - (9)
         US citizens... - (folkert) - (1)
             No, VW has no trouble selling diesels. - (Another Scott)
         Linky possessed? - (scoenye) - (3)
             Weird. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Looks like they absolutely want cookies - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Ah. That makes sense. (I just delete them every day.) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Still waiting for auto companies to Learn from - (Ashton) - (2)
             Did you see that the XL1 is going into production? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 No didn't.. guess I should get out more - (Ashton)

Anything that takes 8 minutes to get from 55 to 65 MPH is a good starter vehicle.
66 ms