IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not that I recall
Pure memory, feel free to google correct.

Fetchmail already existed. ESR adopted it as part of his project to understand open source programming projects, and it was part of his online The Art of Unix Programming book.

I always force new programmers to read the 1st several chapters of The Art of Unix Programming before allowing them any code access.
New ESR totally rebuilt fetchmail.
He wrote an article about it. The only thing that remains from the original project is the idea and the name.

Not that that's bad, of course. The original idea was very specific and did a lot of unnecessary magic, really. ESR's big contribution to fetchmail was to hand off that type of handling to other processes that were always going to exist and did that sort of thing better anyway. You could say he made it more Unix-y. :-)

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New He's still a narcissicistic misogynist racist git.
And a gun loon to boot.
New No argument there. :-)
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     GREAT NEWS! - (folkert) - (15)
         Wow. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             This is What RMS brings you... along with the *BRILLIANT* - (folkert) - (11)
                 Fetchmail was ESR - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Ahhh yes. Pretty much DJB on steroids. -NT - (folkert) - (4)
                         Cut from the same cloth, but I found ESR more approachable. - (static) - (2)
                             A misogynist and a right-wing gun nut, too. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 You ever meet him? - (crazy)
                         DJB was just a contrarian -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Not that I recall - (crazy) - (3)
                         ESR totally rebuilt fetchmail. - (static) - (2)
                             He's still a narcissicistic misogynist racist git. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 No argument there. :-) -NT - (static)
                     Where's the "+1" button on this thing? -NT - (CRConrad)
         LRPD: "Where's my tinfoil hat...?" -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             HELLO ALEX, - (folkert)

As you can see, Hydrogen is pretty energetic.
141 ms