IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I remember a story on the local TV news about this...
when I was a kid. My recollection is it was in the early '70s, it might have been after that Esquire story.

The TV story had a guy (who was blind if I recall correctly) pick up a phone receiver and start whistling into it and he explained the various switch boxes he was talking to and how he was going all over the world. It was amazing.

I was too young to do more than think it was interesting though. :-)

I didn't know about the Apple angle. Thanks for that.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I forgot a PS, above.
I used one of Steve's blue-boxe(n)!
Guy showed up at a friend's place, likely early ' 70--I 'dialed' a UK/London number: which played some pop song du jour; horrible 3 KHz? audio, then.
But then, the song was un-memorable anyway.

But it worked/free and it was tiny (and blue!)
Who'd a thunk that, just a few decades later? I'd be relying on ... a subsequent Steve + Steve Spectacular.

OTOH,

Grook time:
If the Universe didn't exist
It wouldn't be missed.

TRUTH!
New interesting that one could do serious prison time
back in the day for possesion of tools that you can buy at radio shack today. Headset with alligator clips for example
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
     "From 'phreaks' to Apple" (blue-box retrospective) - (Ashton) - (3)
         I remember a story on the local TV news about this... - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I forgot a PS, above. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 interesting that one could do serious prison time - (boxley)

Did I already say great googly moogly?
38 ms