IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cut from the same cloth, but I found ESR more approachable.
But yes, Fetchmail was clever and powerful... right up to the point where it decided something wasn't following its interpretation of the standard. At which point it ignores you.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New A misogynist and a right-wing gun nut, too.
Yeah, me and him were never ever going to see eye to eye.
New You ever meet him?
I have. Spent a bit of time with him at a programming conference once. Stayed in contact for while. Swapped a bit of code.

While his macho karate pistol action with his hot lawyer wife may annoy you, he's earned it all.

He couldn't walk straight due to birth defects on his feet, he had a serious shyness problem, and when he talked he was incapable of eye contact. He was presenting a lecture on portable unix programming, and he KNEW his shit, but he was a terrible communicator. I could not imagine him getting a date.

He has worked hard and EARNED everything he has, and has been a net positive for open source. I respect the guy.

And his writing is great. Both informative and entertaining.

And he is NOTHING like RMS. They'd both spit at the suggestion. So maybe they spit the same. But other than that, no way.
Expand Edited by crazy Feb. 27, 2013, 05:52:03 PM EST
     GREAT NEWS! - (folkert) - (15)
         Wow. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             This is What RMS brings you... along with the *BRILLIANT* - (folkert) - (11)
                 Fetchmail was ESR - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Ahhh yes. Pretty much DJB on steroids. -NT - (folkert) - (4)
                         Cut from the same cloth, but I found ESR more approachable. - (static) - (2)
                             A misogynist and a right-wing gun nut, too. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 You ever meet him? - (crazy)
                         DJB was just a contrarian -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Not that I recall - (crazy) - (3)
                         ESR totally rebuilt fetchmail. - (static) - (2)
                             He's still a narcissicistic misogynist racist git. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 No argument there. :-) -NT - (static)
                     Where's the "+1" button on this thing? -NT - (CRConrad)
         LRPD: "Where's my tinfoil hat...?" -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             HELLO ALEX, - (folkert)

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!
68 ms