IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Webmail software
Thought I'd ask the IGM if they had any opinions.

I have my own server at home, with my own web server and MTA. And a webmail service. I had used Courier's SQWebMail until I got tired of it's limitations. Then I tried IlohaMail which I liked but it's been orphaned and for some reason the current version has quite a big bug. I've installed RoundCube and it's okay, but I'm not completely sold on it.

The big thing I miss in RoundCube that IlohaMail has was one-click to go to the next message. GMail has the same feature.

So. What webmail software have other people used/tried/loved? The backend is Maildir accessible via IMAP. I'm the only person who uses it.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Sorry...
I ported my former-exim-running-backend to GMail the week before the announced that it would no longer be free. Thus, gmail is my webmail interface.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Yeah!
As soon as you found out it did all the things you wanting.

But then... all you needed was a push and you went.

I think that is all Wade needs.

I have some other issues... but we all know I do.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Expand Edited by folkert Feb. 1, 2013, 09:46:17 AM EST
New I use Gmail regularly.
We use it at work. Whilst it's UI is clever and good, and it still thinks about email the way Google thinks everyone should think about email. So in some areas the feature set is a bit unique.

I don't really want it for my normal email account.

Wade.
New You could try the horde
I set that up once for Fido's webmail interface. It's currently handling about 800K users, so it should be up to running your stuff. It's not a trivial setup, but it wasn't death either, though we ended up customizing it quite a bit.
New I'll have a look at it. Thanks!
New I still like atmail
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Mutt ( /me runs away )
--

Drew
     Webmail software - (static) - (7)
         Sorry... - (mvitale) - (2)
             Yeah! - (folkert) - (1)
                 I use Gmail regularly. - (static)
         You could try the horde - (jake123) - (1)
             I'll have a look at it. Thanks! -NT - (static)
         I still like atmail -NT - (boxley)
         Mutt ( /me runs away ) -NT - (drook)

We're talking "filled with angry bees" levels of agony.
100 ms