IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Revisiting Röyksopp's "Junior" and "Senior" albums
Wonderful slices of the most charming and refined electro pop.

Thoroughly slathered in synthesisers and utterly pervaded by computers, though, so it's not in the least Ashton-safe. I doubt he'd look it up on YouTube, anyway. Especially not This Must Be It.
New Nyet, Pyotr: am hearink-not of ... zis Comrade Pavlov?
was maybe soloist with Three Dog Night? sideman with Cootie WIlliams? Dogs, you say..

This Must Be It seems harmless enough to sensitive ears; why with a bit of MDMA and maybe a soupçon of decent Armagnac.. why not?

Now, She's So [? ... beauteously-unaware?] gets you some '65 scenes directed by Roman Polanski, if the audio isn't sufficiently stirring;
otoh.. What Else Is There? promises a dollop of Existential angst, but provides nothing more baleful than perhaps a pedestrian situation
..of mismatched chemistry + disappointment, as the lady complains, 'he' could not See her.

Anyway, fortunately all done on a recognizably well-tempered chromatic scale and, blessedly with no SHOUTING or fuzz-boxed antics
--why, their stuff seems to be actually listen-able! even by such as moi.

OTOH .. just today arrived some new Sergei Nakariakov masterworks: he just keeps growing-Better and I fervently Hope that he shall not take up motorcycles.
Or otherwise risk a premature end to such a massive Talent.
His head does seem screwed-on sufficiently as to eschew routine stupid-stuff. But I worry, because I See That which he is ... becoming. Lucky us; but especially, >Me<

Echoes from the Past features *transcriptions of a Hummel bassoon cto, a Mozart (ditto) and an utterly Amazing performance of a Saint-Saëns cello concerto
(this one on his unique Courtois 4-valve Flugelhorn.) Familiar works/tunes to most classical listeners. Sergei IS the Paganini or Kreisler of the trumpet, as dubbed.
His tone (and intonation) is, simply: the epitome of the word, mellifluous, yes that 'mel' IS 'honey'.

So, had I acquired the aforementioned chemical catalyst--these are what I'd be inhaling--not-to-waste this special substance, you see..

* done superbly by his Pater, Mikhail.

Ta [Da!]

Revisiting Röyksopp's "Junior" and "Senior" albums - (pwhysall) - (1)
         Nyet, Pyotr: am hearink-not of ... zis Comrade Pavlov? - (Ashton)

This is your brain on bad interior design. Any questions?
75 ms