IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dunno.
They're making 110" screens now (maybe bigger). There are applications for huge screens, and huge screens need lots of pixels. Pushing the number of pixels up is a good thing, even if we can't think of an application right now.

E.g. It would be nice to be able to see 4 PIP displays on our 42" set. But even if the cable box let you do that, the pixel resolution at 1080p is too small to read text that way. E.g. a screen for the weather, a screen for Google News, a fish tank screen and a screen for a news conference or speech or something. Bloomberg clients would love something like that...

Yeah, we won't see 50" 4K screens for under $1k in the home any time soon. But I think it's coming.

There's more to life than movies. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Now *that* is...
A good reason. Have 4 times the pixels to have 4 things going at once... now it the TV can keep up (if its the processor to combine the sources) this would be a good thing.

I can imagine: Weather, Video Games, a TV show from DVR and maybe a browser

But its a long ways off... being affordable.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New that would look like the
Windows 8 home page.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New But with a purpose...
Not some arbitrary conventions set forth by some asshole in Redmond... or India.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
     One for Greg: Sharp's new 4K monitor. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         No one cares past 1080p - (crazy) - (5)
             Razor burn... - (folkert)
             Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Now *that* is... - (folkert) - (2)
                     that would look like the - (lincoln) - (1)
                         But with a purpose... - (folkert)
         Yes... but. - (folkert) - (3)
             No shit re: density - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Yup. I've got a 14" T41 ThinkPad that's 1400x1050, IIRC. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     My T61 has 1680x1050 from 6 years ago. - (folkert)

It’s merely anecdotal, but someone who can severely misconstrue the meaning of “Green Eggs and Ham” has no business being considered smart.
62 ms