IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If it's running on a Mac 128K, yes it will be slow :)
ie: What are you running it on?

I'm guessing it's the 233Mhz iMac you mentioned a while ago. I can guess it's going to be quite slow on that, even in OS 9. Definitely so in OS X.

It's bearable here with 500MHz, the times I've used it. I guess you could try some of the old favourite tactics to increase speed, like reducing the colour depth to 16 bit (er, "Thousands") or (gulp) 256 colour.

Did you get the RAM upgraded, that could be taking a toll, too. I know 192MB just isn't enough on this thing. Again, depends if you're in 9 or X.

Good luck!
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New All Macs so far encountered.
Including that elderly 233MHz box running OS 8.6. :-)

However, we've discovered that IE waits for a page, even if it's been given redirection headers. And guess what: our code uses lots of redirects. :-/ Well, change the redirect function to add a basic page and I'm told it's a lot faster.

So.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New So, IE's bad - at least it's consistent across platforms :-)
Now's your chance to do some testing and convince the users that it's much faster on [Moz|Opera|iCab|OmniWeb|*] ... :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Gotta get better DOM support in them, first.
AFAIK, there's one page that don't go in IE 5.1. Once that's fixed, the next in line is either NS6.2 or Moz 1.0. Accomodating that may be harder, as there are some layout issues - basically, we've coded to IE's layout bugs and it's about to come back and bite us. :-/

Opera is a Later Thing as it doesn't (yet) support two or three key pieces of DHTML yet. I believe I've mentioned that elsewhere here on IWETHEY and yes, I am disappointed. Fortunately, Opera is aware of the lack, because lots of people have requested these features, so support for them is coming!

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

IE 5.1/Mac question. - (static) - (6)
         If it's running on a Mac 128K, yes it will be slow :) - (Meerkat) - (3)
             All Macs so far encountered. - (static) - (2)
                 So, IE's bad - at least it's consistent across platforms :-) - (Meerkat) - (1)
                     Gotta get better DOM support in them, first. - (static)
         500mgz imac 256 ram OSX legless dog - (boxley) - (1)
             Include in the docs or FAQs of the page - (orion)

Not just broken: robustly broken!
78 ms