IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tool
Tool.

WTF?

Some type of metal. Harsh singer, harsh instrumentals, harsh.

My PWW was depressed that I felt that way. We've had a couple of sessions where I'd pick some music, he'd enjoy (or cast a disparaging eye) without saying much.

He's a couple of credits shy of a music degree, so he's got the academic chops. He also plays a bunch of instruments, so he's got the "touch". Maybe I should withhold my judgement.

He wanted a particular song. It cut off a few seconds in. Tech issues, transfer issues, took the next song instead. Sucked.

Judgement passed, he put the next one on. Sucked as well.

Now he's pissed. He didn't like those songs, either, but has a hardon for the lead singer/song writer, Maynard James Keenan, so he has them all, which then showed poorly.

So we try again.

In each case, I have the initial mental resistance which I have to lecture myself on the fact that the artist meant something, I don't know what, yet, and it is not up to me to attempt to align it with something I already know, and I should just relax and flow with it.

That did not work for the 1st 2 songs. Like I said, too harsh.

Then this: Rosetta Stoned.

http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=VZXJLQntCP0

Ok, that blew me away. Dark room, loud, great stereo separation, just kick back and flow. Mind boggling. Highly recommended.

Then he put this on, Lateralus:
http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=_tcW-j7KFgY

Wow again. The slow build with the descriptive imagery which then unfolded to the wildly complex ending hit just right.

The guy is brilliant.

Ok, Tool, highly recommended, but only certain songs and perfect environment.

Oh, and my PWW refers to me as part of the alpha-generation. He learned that term from his college teacher. Not quite sure why. It seems to align with the fact we used up all the fun. As he lists the bands that broke up (and/or majors died), before he was born, that he loves so much, and then I say: "Yeah, I saw them in concert a couple of times, they weren't that bad", he gets very annoyed.
New I'm a fan
Aenema is a great album, and the titular song great as well.

"Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still" - great line.

But, not your cup of tea if you don't dig nihilistic lyrics, for sure.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Tool - (crazy) - (1)
         I'm a fan - (malraux)

And so on, and so forth.
82 ms