IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Time for the next phone
I got fat fingers and my atrix is too small to type on (or see, I'm an old man, I squint a lot when looking at my phone). I loved it, but now it's (mine?) time is over.

Either this:
http://www.att.com/s...#fbid=b42EJ8TZEv3

Or this:
http://www.att.com/s...#fbid=b42EJ8TZEv3

Pros? Cons? Alternatives?

I use a bag most of the time, and almost never have my phone in a pants pocket, so I don't mind the additional size. I'll probably end up using a bluetooth headset most of the time, so the bulk to head doesn't bother me.

What does one do, that the other doesn't, that is important?

New I like the idea of the Note II.
I use a stylus with my Palm Treo 755p. I like the idea of being able to use one with the replacement. The split-screen mode in the Note II is nice too - easier to cut-and-paste between things. And it's got a huge battery and fast processor and 2GB of RAM.

But it's so big, I don't know if I could use it as a phone without a really good BlueTooth contraption, and I don't like the idea of having something in my ear all the time. I just use a computer bag to lug my laptop back and forth to work, but figure I'd want a holster or big shirt pockets to lug a Note II around (if it would even fit). I refuse to have it in my hand all the time. (I have a belt holster for my Palm Treo (Hi Peter!).)

The Note II has much longer battery life than just about any phone except maybe the Razr Maxx HD.

The Note II can use a memory card, IIRC - dunno about the other one. Dunno if that matters to you.

Samsung Galaxy things apparently have a very cheap feel with smooth plastic. You might want a skin or cover or something to mitigate that, but that makes it even bulkier and harder to pull out of wherever it is quickly.

The Note III (and GS IV) is supposedly coming out in a few months, but you can never trust the rumors.

I like the idea of the Razr Maxx HD, but I've read too many reviews about the screen being fragile and some weirdness with the software that make me nervous. I want a phone that I can use all day without having to plug it in (or drag around a battery pack). And I want one that I can keep for 3-5 years if necessary.

If you plan on keeping it a while, I'd get the Note II. If you change phones every couple of years, it probably doesn't matter which you choose - something better/faster/cooler is always just a few months away (at least for now).

I don't know if that helps, but that's some of the things that I think about.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Go for the note II
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New What did you decide? Thinking about a Nexus 4.
I'm thinking about a Nexus 4 (maybe on StraightTalk/AT&T - TMobile's coverage isn't good around here), partially to be able to use it in Europe for calls and brief Google Maps study on the road. J's birthday is coming up and it might be a good time...

What did you go with? Happy?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nothing
I love my Atrix and no need to change yet.
So I determined it was a waste of money, since any of the cheap/free upgrade phones aren't as good as it.
New Sounds like a good choice. Thanks.
     Time for the next phone - (crazy) - (5)
         I like the idea of the Note II. - (Another Scott)
         Go for the note II -NT - (Bman)
         What did you decide? Thinking about a Nexus 4. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Nothing - (crazy) - (1)
                 Sounds like a good choice. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Good evening, Mr. Gates. I'll be your server tonight.
49 ms