IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Moved to big screen.
Really big. About 8 feet. It is an office projector. Projected to a white sheet tightly clamped between 2 metal poles on the top of the steps in my attic.

It handles movies nicely, and 800x600 is max so it seems a bit off for computer work but perfectly useful. I have it setup on a shelf behind me, projecting over my head, with Pandora fed into the stereo that I finally setup in my mancave.

It is in front of the window which has carefully controlled ventilation, so I can't hear the projector over the music, which is the goal, while still maintaining airflow. And it blocks the bit of light the fan blades leaked into the room.

Note to self: when plugging in the rear speakers on the next stereo, turn it off 1st. The sizzling sound and then total death of all non primary channels are no fun. Oh well, front is still kick ass and it is fed to the subwoofer a few inches away from me. Yeeha.

Never mind, just as I was typing that, Skating Away showed up on all speakers. Yay.

Ok, so I can dual screen with the big LED monitor slightly to the side for fine detail work, with the majority of my use on the wall. I LIKE it. When I've got a bit of cash on the side I will upgrade it to theater quality and a real screen.

Oh no. The amount of trash I can accumulate on my desk is dictated by how wide my monitor it and how far I sat to it, ie: how much table space I could crap up. This is a LOT of space.

I need a couple sumo chairs:
http://www.sumolounge.com/

I'm almost ready to frame the Building a Rainbow poster, hang it, and bless this place.

http://www.amazon.co...x36/dp/B001LRB514

Edit: And now that I've used it for a day, I still like it, but I want voice control. I want to be able to pace the room and glance at the wall while I surf the web, and to never have to touch the keyboard. That way I can exercise while having full control over the computer.

A seem to recall a used store that had a dentist chair for sale for $900. It has been there for years. If I can get it for a $100 and figure out how to get it up here, I'd be done.

Edit again: The boy just handed me a USB hard disk filled with movies. Every movie I'd ever want to either see for the 1st time or re-see that I can think of. Sure, there are many more not on this, but it doesn't matter. I have have hundreds of hours that are about to be lost. See you in a few months.

Edit again again: Broke my easy chair squeezing it up the attic steps. Almost ripped out the screen. Used brute force to shove the back down into the base. It seems ok, but you know it's gonna go. I put my glider foot rest in front of it and now I like it better. I'm never getting up again.
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 24, 2013, 07:26:04 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 24, 2013, 07:33:30 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 24, 2013, 09:03:03 AM EST
Expand Edited by crazy Jan. 24, 2013, 01:45:21 PM EST
New ICLRPDism.
Oh no. The amount of trash I can accumulate on my desk is dictated by how wide my monitor it and how far I sat to it, ie: how much table space I could crap up. This is a LOT of space.

:-D

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Moved to big screen. - (crazy) - (1)
         ICLRPDism. - (static)

No. It's "MIDDLE-Endian"!!!
94 ms