At the moment, Apple wants to limit the range of pixel arrangements they have to deal with on their screens. That's an advantage and a curse in Android.

They can easily make a screen larger by using a smaller PPI with their Retina widgets. The iPhone 5 home screen is 4 columns of icons with up to 6 rows. Presumably if they make a larger screen, they would add more column(s) and/or another row.

But if they go to 5 columns with 6 rows, or some other variation, then they have to do more work (or risk breaking things on the older phones). Yes, the tablets already have more, but they have a different X x Y pixel arrangement than the phones.

I'm sure they've thought about all of these things, but it's not trivial. It does become easier with faster processors though.

I wish something like this worked well - http://www.amazon.co...set/dp/B007L429MK I like the idea of the Galaxy Note II, but I don't want to have to handle the thing and push it against my face to make phone calls. Let it sit on my desk while I have my hands free to do other things while talking on the phone (and don't make me stick something in my ear...).

Maybe Apple will show them how it's done...

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.