IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd look at a Corolla / Altima / Focus / Civic / Mazda 3
Corollas have grown up over the years and are quite large inside. I imagine the others are similar.

Around here, Corollas cost a bit more than the others due to their reputation for being cheap to run.

The Altima is a nice car. The 3 is a sporty little thing. I don't know much about the Focus except they have good mileage ratings and look interesting.

There's the Kia/Hyundai twins, too.

Volvo has change hands. I dunno who bought them from Ford. I don't know if that's an issue or not.

Browse around KBB to get some ideas of cost and features - http://www.kbb.com/c...ine=4&distance=75

Have fun and good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New What he said
I'd add Honda Accord/Civic and Subaru Legacy/Impreza to the list. Exceedingly reliable and long lasting cars capable of 300K+ miles with decent care and relatively inexpensive to repair and maintain.
New Avoid the Civic for now
Consumer Reports gave a low rating to the 2012 model, and the 2013 is too new so it hasn't been tested. My daughter has a 2011, and I prefer a Corolla over it.

http://news.consumer...arsh-reviews.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New Hard to get a new Civic for $4-8k. ;-)
New Yeah, no worries on that
No new cars for me.

I might consider a 10 year old accord with a manual trans though. I had to give mine up when I could not drive the stick anymore, and now I can.
     Possibly time for next car, researching - (crazy) - (8)
         I'd look at a Corolla / Altima / Focus / Civic / Mazda 3 - (Another Scott) - (4)
             What he said - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
                 Avoid the Civic for now - (lincoln) - (2)
                     Hard to get a new Civic for $4-8k. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Yeah, no worries on that - (crazy)
         Re: Possibly time for next car, researching - (boxley)
         Since I'm traveling these days... - (mvitale)
         Mitsubishi Diamante 1997-2000 - (folkert)

Nothing like the smell of Nadsat in the morning!
40 ms