IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 3 active users | 4 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Shiny-shiny.. new Sony über-camera .. PW?
http://www.macmall.c...9&hq_v=658df2ce92

Not a SLR, but.. 24.3 MP?? Clever techno sigma of several rapid-fire shots: averaged: if that indeed Works..
Seems to be trying to mimic shape of Leica Classic rangefinders, but sans the optical view [!] option.
Guess the next 'delta-The WholeScene' shall be the realization of the hologram generator, controlled by swipes, swooshes and ...
tics of the L and R eyelids, the 'camera' hovering anti-grav, inches away, controlled by aforementioned swipes + brain theta-rhythms?
© 2013 by Curmudgeons R'Us™.

(Poisonally, I prefer such gadgets to have the "battery bump" (or maybe two?) whereby a one can be reasonably sure that the sucker Can be
grasped properly via that opposed-thumb feature, built-in to {most.. unmaimed} operators.)

Bon apetit.

Ed: hmm, System no like Capital-ü in Title.. get: Ū ... picky picky.
Expand Edited by Ashton Jan. 10, 2013, 06:37:11 PM EST
New And "cheap" to boot
$2800 for the camera and the f/2 Zeiss glass. If it wasn't for Nikon holding a D600 firesale at the moment, the nearest competition checks in at >$4500. (But that would be an SLR.)

Just don't look at the accessories and the battery ;-)

http://www.luminous-..._rx1_review.shtml
New Interesting.
Full frame sensor, but fixed lens.

It's obviously aimed at the snapper market (no through-the-lens optical viewfinder, lookit all them "programs" and "special effects"!), but pricing would dictate otherwise. And the 9-blade iris, the RAW shooting, flash shoe, etc.

Bit of a curate's egg, TBH.

For this sort of money you expect to be able to change the lens - because when you're dropping £2600 on a compact camera, you're starting to look at the lower end of second-hand Leica money.

And yes, depending on weight, it may well have handling issues.

It's going to take great pictures, of that there's little doubt.

(Interestingly, the reviews I've read all grumble about awful battery life)
Expand Edited by pwhysall Jan. 11, 2013, 03:20:08 AM EST
     Shiny-shiny.. new Sony über-camera .. PW? - (Ashton) - (2)
         And "cheap" to boot - (scoenye)
         Interesting. - (pwhysall)

I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon.
45 ms