IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I didn't have this trouble earlier.
I replaced the ~ 250 GB original disk with a 640 GB Samsung (that started dying a few months later) and a 750 GB Seagate hybrid without incident. In each case, ddrescue or similar was able to clone the installation and I could enlarge the partitions with Gparted without memorable problems.

What apparently killed it this time was shrinking the Win 7 partition to get it to fit on the 512 GB M4. Enlarging the partition was not an issue - shrinking was.

:-/

Since SSDs larger than ~ 500 GB are much more expensive, keeping Win7 partitions safely under that size probably makes sense for the foreseeable future.

Linux Mint and Win7 are playing together pretty nicely so far (separate partitions).

Another gotcha I noticed in the docs for BootItBM is that Win8 apparently will trash the partitions it sets up if FastBoot is turned on. Joy. And there are even more issues if you use UEFI/GPT etc., etc. as the Win8 machines apparently do... E.g. http://www.terabyteu...pic.php?f=2&t=877

It's getting to the point, where [it's] no fun anymore...

Cheers,
Scott.
New It hasn't been fun for years
I'm pretty sure that says more about me than the state of tech, but I wouldn't bet on it.
--

Drew
     ntfsclone to clone to smaller disk. Should I worry? - (Another Scott) - (9)
         It seems to be doing something. The fan is running fast... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Bah. I hate Windows. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Bah. I hate Windows. - (folkert)
         Clonezilla? *DUH* - (folkert)
         Don't assume Win7 is like XP when it comes to partitioning. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Twas only a SMONYTDAYLTBWW - (folkert)
             Been there, done that, burned the book - (crazy) - (2)
                 I didn't have this trouble earlier. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     It hasn't been fun for years - (drook)

Every 3-4 episodes they would finally attack each other and some stupid aerial melee would begin with missed attacks inevitably shattering backdrops while direct hits only propelled the enemy into backdrops for shattering.
70 ms