IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: One more reason why.. homo-sap may get no 2nd chance
Reminded me of this story...

"...While driving, I noticed a number of drivers making sudden moves as if to avoid or hit something on the highway. When I inquired of my host as to what was happening, he said that the drivers were very likely attempting to hit and kill Cane Toads."

http://www.squidoo.com/cane-toads

Turtles, toads....what's the diff? (think most people)
New Ray Kurzweil: How to Create a Mind
On NPR today.. it just May Be that, his focus on "The Exponential Function" in context of book (and of his presentation at the Commonwealth Club today on NPR)

It just may be that, next generations (if there are any, post-Idiocy re actual planetary jeopardy) might overcome the sorts of juvenile ignoramuses as..
thinking it fun.. to maim/kill/torture any creature-not-'us', for no reason other than perverse 'amusement'.

Was time-sharing over course of the program; have to listen next with full attention. Here's the audio link:
https://www.commonwe...reate-mind-111512
The book may need to be added-to-List here {{sigh}} ...
How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed

Recommend first 10 minutes audition; if not hooked then -??- well.. turn in your IGM membership card, outlier! :-0
His extrapolations (following some illustrations of 'exponential' (much in accord with E. Teller's,
~~ The extinction of the human race will come from its inability to emotionally comprehend the exponential function)
promise new possibilities re brain comprehension ergo some real handles on consciousness as well as medical consequences already exploding:
might astound anyone not-yet paying Attention to the ... yes, exponentially-increasing comprehension, nuanced beyond imagination a mere 10 years ago.

For me, this is the first palpable Good News within this lengthy period of depressing, detailed-dumbth (about which we all have jillions of daily examples.)

Mere life-extension--along with its obvious corollary of an an already Over-populated nest--is only one of the probabilities; it's the confluence of much else he describes which is The Zinger. IMO.

Bon appetit
New I had a VERY slow drive on Cape Cod once
It was a road through a bird sanctuary in the middle of the night, next to a pond.

The road was covered with a blanket of hopping frogs, and the remains of the thousands that had already been crushed.

I got out, looked, realized there was no end to the frog migration, and kept going.

Traction on a bed of crushed frogs is very poor.

The next morning I went back to show my wife. The frogs were gone and the road was clean. She told me I hallucinated it.

And cane toads gotta go. They were brought in to AU for bug control, and ended up decimating the local population of pretty much everything they could eat, which is basically anything alive a bit BIGGER than their head. They are also poisonous, have no natural predators (in the area), and will kill (or make very sick) anything that tries to eat them.

So kill them when you see them. Don't lick them, wrong type of poison.
     One more reason why.. homo-sap may get no 2nd chance - (Ashton) - (6)
         Re: One more reason why.. homo-sap may get no 2nd chance - (boxley)
         Re: One more reason why.. homo-sap may get no 2nd chance - (dmcarls) - (2)
             Ray Kurzweil: How to Create a Mind - (Ashton)
             I had a VERY slow drive on Cape Cod once - (crazy)
         On the other hand - (crazy) - (1)
             Now THAT'S a LRPDism - (Silverlock)

Are you missing the point accidentally or strategically?
144 ms