IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New pettifogging autocrats wielding what little authority they
have, looking at them and addressing them like they are hotties with extreme deference goes along way towards civility. I hope on your way out the door you took some free boxes with the correct logo on them for next time.
I have about 20 of sundry sizes in the basement dry storage area.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New you would be surprised
...at the mandarinate courtesy with which I treat almost all of my fellow human beings in meatspace. It's true that the other day when a woman in the corner park got disagreeable about the dog ("Put your dog on the leash! Put your dog on the leash! It's the law!") I finally responded, after extended suavity didn't do the trick, "Bite me, lady." I could have added that just as the sign prohibited off-leash dogs, it also prohibited the alcohol in the "Colt 45 Malt Liquor" she was swilling.

Extreme courtesy served me very well in my youth when I was undertaking a particularly tricky series of negotiations with the University of California, with which I'd contrived to put myself in a very bad odor, with the end of rehabilitating myself. At this period the gatekeepers were principally white, desiccated female departmental secretaries in whose power it lay effortlessly to prohibit my access to the poobahs whose signatures I desperately required, and were very susceptible to a combination of good manners and I-know-how-difficult-your-job-is with a dollop of and-so-few-people-appreciate-it. Not as easy as it sounds: you can't spread it too thick.

I had little else going for me at nineteen, a year I spent homeless, but I summoned up powers of persuasion that secured the rest of my life and career. The Post Office, after that, is a piece of cake

cordially,
New Ah, then if the postal lady resisted your charm long enough
to retire you to the back of the line she was/is a true a civil servant. Too bad she couldn't get a promotion as gatekeeper to some powerful figure. Worth their hefty weight in gold they are.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
     postal pettiness - (rcareaga) - (5)
         pettifogging autocrats wielding what little authority they - (boxley) - (2)
             you would be surprised - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Ah, then if the postal lady resisted your charm long enough - (boxley)
         I also heart the local worthies.. [belongs: Flame-Off!] - (Ashton)
         Must be an exclusivity clause in that UPS contract... -NT - (scoenye)

Only technical details are missing.
62 ms