IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think why bother?
Why sell the cow when you can sell the milk by the squeeze?

[link|http://www.curl.com/html/products/pricing.jsp?c1=46|http://www.curl.com...ng.jsp?c1=46]

<quote>
We charge commercial customers based on the volume of Curl content executed. If you would like to deploy Curl content in a commercial setting, please contact us at sales@curl.com. Our license agreement includes a standard fee and allows for volume-based usage discounts. Non-commercial users can deploy Curl content at no charge.
</quote>

I remember actually seeing the price somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. It was quite expensive IIRC.
--
Chris Altmann
New If it has decent database access capability
Which I don't see yet, but if they have a clue then its coming, then you'd have a round trip client server solution deployable through a web browser which only requires developers to learn a single technology instead of the umpteen little skills you need now to do a dynamic website. Plus, you can build APPLICATIONS - with real UI and slick drawing capabilities and MIX them with web content.

I'm thinking about going to their office and trying to cold call myself a job to make db access/enterprise integration happen.
New Oh...you mean like Dolphin Smalltalk was doing 6 years ago?
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Did it run in the browser
on several platforms?

I don't recall hearing about Dolfin for anything but PCs.
New Yes and no...
...they had a browser plugin tat let you do pretty much anything in a web page you could do with a normal app. However, they limited it to Windows as, at teh time, that was pretty much all they felt they needed to cover; they never got much pressure to support other platforms.

VisualWorks has something very similar as well; it came out probably a year ago
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Re: If it has decent database access capability
They're based in Boston, so if you do end up in the area let me know, because that's where I live. :)
     What do we think of CURL? - (tuberculosis) - (10)
         Looks interesting... - (ChrisR) - (3)
             Have you played with DOM yet? - (admin) - (2)
                 For presentation, yes... - (ChrisR)
                 Looked at it - (tuberculosis)
         I think why bother? - (altmann) - (5)
             If it has decent database access capability - (tuberculosis) - (4)
                 Oh...you mean like Dolphin Smalltalk was doing 6 years ago? -NT - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     Did it run in the browser - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         Yes and no... - (Fearless Freep)
                 Re: If it has decent database access capability - (neelk)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
89 ms