IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wanna know if the Leafs will win on Tuesday?
Yeah, they're crippled (Mats, Yuskevich, et. al.) but the single greatest determiner will be .....
who has the orange cuffs on their sleeves. If it's Frazier again - it's over till October for the Leafs.

I just don't get it. Why do McGoo and Frazier have this hatred of Canadian teams? I haven't done the numbers, but I swear that any time I see a hockey game with either Frazier or McGoo on the ice, the Canadian team *always* loses, and gets the benefit of more than a handful of highly questionable calls/no calls. Take tonight for instance. Gary Roberts gets cut, CUT, with a high stick. Automatic double-minor? No, of course not. No penalty at all. Keep in mind the score was 2-2 when that happened. How much do you think momentum would have changed if the Leafs had scored a go-ahead goal in their 4 minute power play? Or, how about the blatant penalty in front of Dvorsky's face at the end of period 2? You could call it boarding, you could call it charging, but definitely you had to call a penalty for what happened to Darby. Again, no call. Again, the score was 3-2 at that point. What happens if the Leafs open the third period w/a power play? We'll never know, because we never had a chance. We never had anything that approximated un-biased officiating. If I see that little red-headed turd on the ice at the beginning of Tuesday's game, I may not even watch it, the outcome will have already been decided.
New Upon CBC reporting that Fraser was a referee for that game..
...the first word out of my mouth was "FUCK!" I don't think any Leaf fan will forgive him for that non-call back in 1994 during game six of the Kings/Leafs playoff series. I didn't even like his style of officiating before that. As for the other refs showing bias, I think all the refs have had a bad time against both teams. The players really aren't helping themselves by this awful, nasty and chippy play. If the refs called *EVERYTHING* we'd be bitching about how awful they're calling the game due to all the stoppages in play and the corresponding powerplays. The only call that raised my ire was the penalty shot.

With this current series it's not going to matter which team wins. Both the Islanders and the Leafs have destroyed each other and their second round opponent should have an easy time. I just hope that if the Leafs win tomorrow that they don't play the Ottawa Senators. I can't stomach the thought of the Senators beating the Leafs in the playoffs, injuries or not. We'll never hear the end of it. It all hinges on Montreal. If they win then the Senators it shall be. Ugh. I want all the Canadian teams to do well but right now I'm hoping that Boston pulls one out tonight to tie the series against Montreal. (The Canadiens just pulled ahead of the Bruins in the 3rd. Eek!) I'd really like to know if the Leafs are playing next round before I start rooting for Montreal. I just don't see the Leafs beating Ottawa without Sundin.
lister
New Montreal won
Ugh. I don't look forward to the second round should the Leafs get there.
lister
New Is it time to start watching yet?
If the habs are in, I better start getting hockeyized. Been a few years since I watched at all.
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New I sympathize.
And how about suspending Corson? WTF is that????? He gets suspended in a game 7 w/out Sundin AND Yushkevich?

Cujo had better play like Cujo or we are dead on arrival. I hate that damned Yashin and now we (the Leafs) have no one to stick on him. This is as battered a Leaf Team in the playoffs as I can remember. <sigh>
New Pretty simple
Corson tried to kick Cairns. The video shows it quite clearly. As much as I would like to see Corson in tonights game, you can't go around kicking people or attempting to kick people.
lister
New Yabut.
How about the "check" at the end of period 2? That's not supposed to rile anybody up? He kneed him in the clip I saw. It really didn't look that flagrant to me, but I'll admit bias (My Family, The Leafs, Everything else - in that order) :-)
     Wanna know if the Leafs will win on Tuesday? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
         Upon CBC reporting that Fraser was a referee for that game.. - (lister) - (5)
             Montreal won - (lister) - (4)
                 Is it time to start watching yet? - (boxley)
                 I sympathize. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Pretty simple - (lister) - (1)
                         Yabut. - (mmoffitt)

So let me sign off in idiocy...
86 ms