IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The face of a movement that wasn't
http://www.bbc.co.uk...magazine-20267989

By that time my photo had been well established and identified as the face of the martyr and of the whole opposition movement, and the media kept using it side-by-side with the images of the death of the real martyr, the real Neda.

It was just ridiculous to see how such a huge mistake had come out of a simple photo on Facebook.

But it was also very shocking to see my face side-by-side with the video of Agha-Soltan. When I saw people all over the world demonstrating with my photo, putting up shrines, lighting candles - it was just like sitting there and watching my own funeral.

Of course, I knew that it could have been me - I could well have suffered the fate of that poor, innocent woman.

The Iranian regime felt harassed by the attention Agha-Soltan's death had brought on them from abroad. Within three days, Ministry of Intelligence agents came to my home and summoned me for a meeting.

It got much worse for her.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New something strange there
The last time the agents came to my house they refused to let me take anybody or anything with me and they took me away.

They accused me of betraying the national security of my country. I was charged with being a spy for the CIA and told to sign a confession. I knew very well that such an accusation could end in a death sentence for me in Iran.
usually those requests are made with rape, cattleprods and end up with either a confession signed by her or someone else and an execution. More at play here
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New :-( Thanks.
New Just reinforces my opinion that . . .
. . Facebook is incredibly dangerous.
New yup, big time dangerous
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New 'In Spades!'
I 'joined' in the initial, "WTF is THIS all about?" experiments of the IGM.

Now, I mainly.. ignore / despite the nagging e-mails fromThe FB Machine: "Why ain't you Playing!?" / (are you a Commyunist or some other mental defective?)

It's bound to become more difficult.. 'ostensibly' pretending to be some part of (that which manifestly-IS) a decaying/frantic/frenetic 'society'.

And I'd prefer 'simple'(r).
New You can turn all of those e-mails off...
you know.

In fact you can close your entire account down after downloading all of your info and pichures of cahts and rants bad dogs and posts about cats and dogs and the inhumanity of humans.

Either use it or don't.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New And so it opening your mouth in a crowd
FB isn't dangerous, the fact that people post on it is.

If you live in a society where they take you away for complaining to your neighbor, then all communication is dangerous. You might as well say phones are dangerous. In this case, FB is a megaphone you are using to shout at anyone who wants to listen. This is NOT FB's fault.
New It is when they change their privacy policies frequently...
New Meh... OMG!
Deh SKI ES FAWLING!

The privacy thing on Facebook.

If you are worried about Privacy on Facebook... best not post anything you want kept a SEKRET!

At least Google+ is somewhat more friendly in that regard... but the same rule applies.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New hheheheehhahaahahaha
You use a profit making entity (hopefully) without paying for it. They have a RESPONSIBILITY to their shareholders to maximize the profit. It MUST come #1 in priorities, that is why people gave them money.

You accepted you have NO rights in the use of it, it is there, you use it, and you HOPE it does what you intended. No matter what the docs say at the moment. They reserve the right to change them, you agreed to it. If you think otherwise, then you will be sad.

You have not provided anything of measurable individual value to use as any type of negotiating leverage. You are not a stakeholder. You are a sheeple. You are not the customer, you are the product.

Any "agreement" is nothing more than a bullet list whipped off someone's PC, posted for your entertainment. It is meaningless.

and yes, the same rules apply to G+.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 30, 2012, 08:22:21 AM EST
New Which is why I don't post much on other people's sites
--

Drew
     The face of a movement that wasn't - (malraux) - (11)
         something strange there - (boxley)
         :-( Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Just reinforces my opinion that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             yup, big time dangerous -NT - (boxley)
             'In Spades!' - (Ashton) - (1)
                 You can turn all of those e-mails off... - (folkert)
             And so it opening your mouth in a crowd - (crazy) - (4)
                 It is when they change their privacy policies frequently... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Meh... OMG! - (folkert)
                     hheheheehhahaahahaha - (crazy) - (1)
                         Which is why I don't post much on other people's sites -NT - (drook)

Cruisin' fer burgers in Daddy's new car...
196 ms