IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Completely unsurprised by this.
There are a lot of fair to middling developers trying to make a go of it as well. To make money you have to have actual skill, which isn't a bad thing.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Being an app developer is like being a drummer
Being good sure helps, but you're not getting rich unless you happen to hook up with the right front man.
--

Drew
New just got a copy of Visual Studio 12 Express
My brother wants(at the behest of his master) me to look at programming winders phones. Nice. The tools have improved. Starting laying out something I had in mind. Remembered why I fucking hate programming, would much rather fix broken stuff.
Will do one to get the tool then carefully lay down the hammer.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New No shit. Dot com gold rush mentality.
The security guy and wife team blew money on toys, and they were going for the education market. Kiddie education. I consider that type of programming a couple of steps over putting colored blocks together. Where are the business rules that cause company failures if you fuck them up? Where is the programming background that allows you to think outside the carefully constructed box (that someone else constructed)?

The faster they get discouraged and fail out, the faster the quality apps will rise to the top.

On the other hand, I'm glad I'm mostly out of tech now and avoiding this cycle.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 20, 2012, 06:59:33 AM EST
     NYT re. freelance App creators: you know who you are - (Ashton) - (5)
         Ouch. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Completely unsurprised by this. - (malraux) - (3)
             Being an app developer is like being a drummer - (drook)
             just got a copy of Visual Studio 12 Express - (boxley)
             No shit. Dot com gold rush mentality. - (crazy)

All artists are potentially a victim of their desire to be unique.
40 ms