IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I am in Nexus 4 limbo.
I was one of the fools who tried to order a Nexus 4 from Google. My first attempt was for 2 16 gig models, but my credit card transaction was denied by the fraud alert group (had nothing at all to do with my credit limit or status, they just proactively denied the charge from Google for my benefit as it looked suspicious to them. Aside: that's a really nice feature of having a credit card, you can get a legitimate charge denied by your bank "just cuz" without having them ask you first). By the time I figured out what was happening, the 16 gig phones were gone. So I used another credit card to order 2 8 gig models (the charge with this card was also flagged as suspicious, but allowed to be placed into a "Pending" status while they called me to make sure the charge was legit. This bank is run by adults.)

I get an order confirmation from Google. Then, two days later, a buddy at work who also ordered that day (he got an order in for a 16 gig model 5 minutes before my order went through) tells me that he got one of the "backordered - up to 3 weeks" messages. Other folks got UPS Shipping Number emails. What did I get? Nothing. No email at all. So, yesterday, I call the support folks (who are really nice btw) and I'm told that mine is in fact backordered and that I should be getting an email message to that fact soon. Today, I still have no email. So, I call support again and I'm told that as far as the support person can tell, my order is still good to go and that I should receive a shipping notice by Monday or Tuesday of next week. But, he adds, there's no guarantee, you could get a backordered notice.

The tubes are filled with PO'ed people over this launch with good reason. I sit here 3 full days after I made an online order and I'm told to wait another 3-4 days to find out if the thing I ordered is backordered or not. That means that I'm expected to wait ONE FULL WEEK after my credit card transaction has gone through to a status of pending for an online order to find out if I actually purchased vapor.

Count me among those who have precious little good to say about Google's Ecommerce abilities.
New :-( Hope it's worth the wait.
New Thanks. But my plan's already screwed.
I think I posted here about the 700.00+/month mobile charges from Verizon. My plan had been to take one the phones down to NC and retrieve the Verizon phone. I, regrettably, believed Google when the order page said "Two day shipping". Then the order confirmation said "Shipping 3 to 5 days". Then this. I doubt I will be buying anything in future from Google.
New Google is not a retailer
They understand giant server farms. When it comes to actual retail customers and how to service them, they are the Big Bear Of Little Clue.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New And that's a persistent problem of theirs.
I wonder who they can buy to fix it...

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Microsoft?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New maybe, my win8 and orifice took 3 days
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Agreed. But they shouldn't play one either.
     I am in Nexus 4 limbo. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         :-( Hope it's worth the wait. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks. But my plan's already screwed. - (mmoffitt)
         Google is not a retailer - (malraux) - (4)
             And that's a persistent problem of theirs. - (static) - (2)
                 Microsoft? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                     maybe, my win8 and orifice took 3 days -NT - (boxley)
             Agreed. But they shouldn't play one either. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Religion.
85 ms