IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Redstate in a lather
http://www.redstate....nsultant-con-job/

They say that the truth is the consultants essentially used the Romney campaign as a money making scheme, forcing employees to spin false data as truth in order to paint a rosy picture of a successful campaign as a form of job security.

Zac Moffatt, Digital Director for the Romney campaign, was specifically named as having “built a nest egg for himself and co-founder of Targeted Victory, Mike Beach,” and that they “didn’t get social” media and ignored objections from other consultants and staffers in the campaign.

Here's the thing: no one should be amazed that Romney can't run a company or manage consultants. He's a financial guy, and a private equity financial guy at that. He's never actually run a company that builds something, makes something, or provides a service. All of his vaunted Bidniss Experience was useless in the real world of doing things.

Private equity people can sometimes be good at this, but not if they haven't come from another business that actually had to do something for a bottom line. Invariably the inside guys, the deal makers, the ones who know money inside and out but nothing else, are complete and utter idiots when it comes to the nitty gritty of running a company. They're the guys on the board that make a vassal company's CEO or CIO cringe with every dumb-ass idea they have for increasing revenue.

Romney also hasn't had to deal with information technology on a large, enterprise scale. Bain was small. They didn't need a huge IT infrastructure, and as a result he never understood it. Some financial companies, like my old one, had to be able to handle this sort of thing because they were actually providing a service and managing high volume trading systems. Not Bain.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yup. But Romney was worse than that.
He, somehow, managed to have the federal government bail out his enterprises on multiple occasions.

1) The Salt Lake City Olympics was rescued by the US taxpayer - http://www.mediaite....ic-welfare-queen/ - not by some magic managment skills on his part.

2) Romney supposedly screwed over the FDIC to save Bain in 1990s and made millions in the process - http://www.rollingst...t-romney-20120829

Few expect Romney to be up on the ins-and-outs of running a big IT project, but this Orca episode is yet another illustration of his incompetence in running a campaign. And his campaign seems to fit with the reality of his professional career - his "I'm the CEO so pay fealty to me" attitude and unwillingness to accept criticism (recall his attitude about being questioned during the "corporations are people my friend" episode), his history of bullying in school, his "service" in Paris during Vietnam, his kids "service" in working on his campaign, etc., etc.

I think he lost because a majority of people didn't like his policy proposals and his associations with reactionaries in Congress, his lies, his refusal to have press conferences, his refusal to release his tax returns, and so forth, but his incompetence in running his campaign didn't help.

Good riddance.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New repos are in agreement
unseating a sitting president is difficult so all of the whack jobs numbnuts and romney were encouraged to run. Romney won because they wanted him to just go away. Next time , he wont be invited. As a side result the "campaign" was actually a huge bust out operation run under the financial titans noses as they grovelled and tipped their caps while stealing the place blind.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New They certainly filled the bowl.
But it remains to be seen whether or not they'll push the handle down. When people like Boehner, Coburn and Graham are the "sane" members of your party, you can't afford to flush all the crazies because nobody will be left.
New Says more about otusourcing than about Romney specifically
Those two lines you quoted could be applied to nearly every major outsourcing project I've heard of. I've read job descriptions for consultants that very prominently -- and very openly -- describe as one of the chief responsibilities "increasing billables and recommending additional services".
--

Drew
New Your summary of Rmoney.. (Man and/As Machine)
is the most concise and maybe the most simply-accurate ... I've read.
He wore his (obvious) general insouciance as a Badge of Repo Honor. So glad! it stabbed him with curare.
Cosmic humour all around.

Nicely said. :-)
     How the Romney GOTV effort died - (malraux) - (17)
         GMTA. #366058 - (Another Scott)
         Classic. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             That's interesting - (drook)
         asked and answered - (rcareaga)
         Good comments. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Redstate in a lather - (malraux) - (5)
                 Yup. But Romney was worse than that. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     repos are in agreement - (boxley) - (1)
                         They certainly filled the bowl. - (mmoffitt)
                 Says more about otusourcing than about Romney specifically - (drook)
                 Your summary of Rmoney.. (Man and/As Machine) - (Ashton)
         Narwhal vs Orca - (rcareaga) - (5)
             good find -NT - (boxley)
             A very good read. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Great testing - (crazy) - (1)
                 Hahaha... - (folkert)
             They should have asked me - (crazy)

Whoze Kewl, whoze tepid and whoze nonexistent.
57 ms