IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New MSNBC says OH to BHO. It's over.
New CNN and Fox agree
Both CNN and Fox have called the election for Obama also. Interestingly enough, Romney still has a small edge in the popular vote.

Jay
New I think the state calls are based on exit polls.
Or if not exit polls, then the results of special precincts that are indicative of the way the state usually goes. The popular vote comes later.

I wouldn't worry about that. For example, http://electionresul...?type=PRE&map=CTY has Virginia's results. Romney was leading the whole night until Northern Virginia started reporting. Now Obama has a 53,000 vote lead and it's continuing to grow.

But we won't have the quasi-final numbers until tomorrow. Or later. :-/

Still, Rove is making baseless claims.

A good night that could have been better if we retook the House too, but a good night.

Cheers,
Scott.
New BHO wins VA and CO so OH is irrelevant, Karl.
How long will it be until WMR concedes?

Cheers,
Scott.
New About 40 minutes?
Well.. at least he didn't go-all-Nixon on us..

First random word-association as arose here: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty ...
There's something like a Danny Kaye within that empty suit, I wot.

Whew.. certain-seppuku evaded. Or just delayed?
Hope the Secret Service keeps-on keeping on; Loonies we gots Loads Of.
NOW, BHO--get back to those '08 priorities As. If. You. Meant. Them.
Bite some $Financier jugulars / screw the model airplane approach.
New Not too bad.
It wasn't to my taste, but he did give it and was gracious. His body language and expressions made my skin crawl, but that's the way he is when he gives speeches....

Glad it's nearly over.

Just waiting for PBO's speech now.

It will be very interesting to see how the next term goes. West and Bachmann are in close races and may lose. Fingers crossed...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh my...
The Tea Party infused Motorcycle Forums...

I just had to add my 50 gallons of gasoline to the smoldering embers and add a little wind...

WOOOOOSH!

Yea, the GOP/Tea-Party is gonna double down.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Another view: 'petulant and sullen'
Which, overall, does compel one not to degrade the decent word, gracious.
Such solipsists have No Idea how normal persons grade their presumptuous LIe-craftmanship..
as, as consciousness goes -->

They are, perpetually ... ... Zzzzzzzzzz zzz zz zz
New Here, in the Heartland of the Tea Baggers...
people are depressed. I think I know why. Their news source (Faux, natch) had been telling them the "Evil Main Stream Media Polls are all wrong" and Romney was going to win in a landslide (See here for example: http://www.hollywood...ll-pundits-387264). Like everything else to the Tea Toddler Community, their reliable "fair and balanced" news source was telling them the truth (as always, the "truth" their idiot viewers wanted to hear). Then comes the election and they get a "thumpin'". "Reality Bites" is what I've been saying a lot to my co-workers nearly all of whom voted R.

Aside: Interestingly, I chatted with a coworker I've known for about a dozen years on the way in. Here's a blow-by-blow:

Me: "Well, at least the pro-rape Senate candidate didn't win."
CoW: "Don't talk to me. I'm in mourning."
Me: "You didn't want Mourdock to win, did you?"
CoW: "No. I didn't want Obama to win."
Me: "You didn't want that Bankster to win, did you?"
CoW: "Better him than a Muslim who is ruining our country."
Me: "Oooooooookay then." And fled as quickly as I could.

Lesson: Even if you think you do, you have no idea how fscked up in the head some of your co-workers are.
New Karl had a huge SAD on live tv
and I enjoyed every minute of it!!!

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New I managed to avoid watching anything
The last election I twitched the whole day, with every new set of numbers triggering a new one.

Not this one. Got chores done. Stayed off computer and TV for the most part. Woke up to good news.
New I watched Ball St vs Toledo football 34-27
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Yay
New Just actually watched the Concede
Gads... my skin crawled!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Welp, I did my part...
Never have I felt so bad about somebody I voted for winning. Now, when he's blithely shredding civil rights or blowing up civilians in countries we are not at war with, I'm complicit. When he starts a war with Iran in a few months, I'm partially to blame. When he appoints the most conservative Democrats to be on a council with Republicans to come up with another Grand Bargain to destroy my future, I voted for the spineless shitweasel.
Oh, well... a thing done has an end. At least the fucking attack ads are over.
New I'm right there with ya. ;0(
New sharing that
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Welcome back!
     MSNBC says OH to BHO. It's over. -NT - (Another Scott) - (17)
         CNN and Fox agree - (jay) - (1)
             I think the state calls are based on exit polls. - (Another Scott)
         BHO wins VA and CO so OH is irrelevant, Karl. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             About 40 minutes? - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Not too bad. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Oh my... - (folkert)
                 Another view: 'petulant and sullen' - (Ashton)
             Here, in the Heartland of the Tea Baggers... - (mmoffitt)
             Karl had a huge SAD on live tv - (lincoln)
         I managed to avoid watching anything - (crazy) - (2)
             I watched Ball St vs Toledo football 34-27 -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Yay -NT - (crazy)
         Just actually watched the Concede - (folkert)
         Welp, I did my part... - (hnick) - (3)
             I'm right there with ya. ;0( -NT - (mmoffitt)
             sharing that -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Welcome back! -NT - (scoenye)

*snort*
128 ms