IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New and still further
The prospect of being hanged in the morning concentrates a man's mind wonderfully, as Samuel Johnson, who never as far as we are aware found himself obliged to gather his thoughts under like circumstances, famously observed. Under the gun, and with the Apple software currently available having been deliberately crippled since Cheney was president, I have lost days before at last stumbling upon a third-party solution, not elegant, that looks as though it can deliver a solution "good enough." I'm going to work this weekend to make "good enough" as good as it can be, the while hoping that Apple hasn't any further nasty surprises waiting for me on the DVD authoring end.

Aside: I'm not a Mac high-end professional, much as I'd like to be, but I've hung out with that crowd in living memory, and most of these are old-timers who've traditionally bought Apple hardware at the upper end, and who feel, not without justice, that their custom helped keep the beleaguered company's nostrils this side of the surface tension during its direst period prior to the Return of the King. My take is that this class is not feeling the love much these days. Apple may have repositioned itself to face the consumer market, but with its zillions of dollars in the bank I think they'd do well to start salting away some goodwill from those old graphics professionals against the next fall of snow.

cordially.
New See "Oh Pun" ... there's something there for you
--

Drew
     Polishing a turd - (rcareaga) - (20)
         Ouch. Best of luck. (Thanks for the story! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         DO NOT LIKE! - (folkert)
         Try for "even worse" - (Silverlock) - (1)
             And I take that these days... - (scoenye)
         further to turd - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Something in the Lyapis Trubetskoy style is out then? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Something in the Lyapis Trubetskoy style is out then? - (dua)
             and still further - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 See "Oh Pun" ... there's something there for you -NT - (drook)
         (See e-mail) -NT - (Ashton)
         The turd at the end of the tunnel - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Crossing the finish line is good. Congrats! -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: Crossing the finish line is good. Congrats! - (donn)
             Final Cut is more than adequate - (drook) - (1)
                 Re: Final Cut is more than adequate - (donn)
         the upside of working for ninnies: - (rcareaga) - (4)
             Times you wish your expectations were wrong -NT - (drook)
             rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             It's always wonderful working for idiots - (crazy)
             Probably good that you didn't properly heat-set the enamel.. - (Ashton)

Somewhat classier digs than the last version.
51 ms