IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Android Police: Moving from Verizon or Sprint to GSM
http://www.androidpo...re-and-post-paid/

The time has finally come: after spending the biggest part of a decade with Verizon Wireless, I'm moving to a GSM carrier. This isn't just because of the Nexus 4, though - I've been debating on making the move for months now. However, Big Red delayed the inevitable change when they turned on LTE in my area.

Still, I'm sick of being tied down to CDMA carrier, and the recent Nexus 4 announcement is the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't want to be locked into a contract any longer, and there's only one economical way to get away from that: buy the Nexus 4 and move to a GSM carrier.

But, having been on VZW for quite a long time, I've had to do some research on which carrier best suits my needs - both pre- and post-paid. While researching this, it occurred to me that many of you may be facing the same quandary. Instead of leaving you out in the cold, though, I decided to share my findings.

[...]

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks.
We've been a Verizon customer for 20+ years. I despise them. The only reason we're a Verizon customer is that my sister-in-law in California is and my wife talks to her almost every single day. But no more. Verizon is really putting the screws to us with our daughter in NC. I'm going to get a Nexus 4 and go with Straight Talk monthly. If it works for me (we live in a geographical oddity - two weeks from anywhere) then the whole family will switch.
     Android Police: Moving from Verizon or Sprint to GSM - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Thanks. - (mmoffitt)

Those responsible have been sacked.
48 ms