Work machines use Win7, XP, 2K, NT.

Home machines use OSX, Ubuntu 10.04, XP (Pro and Home), Win7. And XP in a few VirtualBox machines.

My Phone uses PalmOS 4. ;-)

Home printers are networked using Ethernet print server boxes connected to wireless switches.

Until my Fujitsu page-feed scanner can be run on Linux as well as it can under XP, there will be a need for Winders for that.

Until it is transparent for J to move her iPhoto collection and her iTunes music to Linux on her Macs, there will be a need for OS X for that.

Until our custom hardware control software (that talks to RS-485, RS-232, A/D, D/A, and digital I/O interfaces) can be painlessly ported from Delphi (along with its closed-source device drivers) to something on Linux, there will be a need for Winders machines at work.

MS Office file compatibility (especially PPT and PPTX) still isn't bullet-proof on Linux. Until it is, we have to use MS Office for work and that means Winders and OS X at home on some machines, too.

Linux is good for many things. But it can't do it all for us.

I have no interest in Win8, but expect it to eventually come pre-installed on new machines. The MS Tax will not go away for a while.

I appreciate the encouragement, but you're not going to win this argument with me anytime soon. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.