IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Late to "Prometheus"
Maybe Ridley Scott was just a better director on a modest budget a third of a century ago. This one can't hold a candle to Alien.

Note to self: If ever on a distant planet with a gigantic alien spacecraft bearing down on me wheel-fashion, flee along a path perpendicular to that of the gigantic alien spacecraft for the purposes of personal survival.

Lots of other dumbth, and yes, I've seen the relevant YouTube video.

cordially,
New That is the single biggest 'duh!'.
And I haven't even seen it! :-D

I think there are a number of film-makers who have done far better in their earlier, cheaper days.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New And when running from a car ...
... do not run straight down the middle of the street.
--

Drew
New It has some great special effects
but other than that, I felt it was a waste of a rental. And I really wanted to enjoy it. Oh, well, back to "Modern Family".

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Re: Late to "Prometheus"
Note to self: If ever on a distant planet with a gigantic alien spacecraft bearing down on me wheel-fashion, flee along a path perpendicular to that of the gigantic alien spacecraft for the purposes of personal survival.
That didn't actually bother me, panic is harsh mistress and she had been pushed over the line. The stunningly bogus science in the earlier part of the movie bothered me more.

I though David the android managed to salvage a lot of the movie though. His convoluted motivations and the actions they cause are much more interesting then the humans for the most part.

Jay
     Late to "Prometheus" - (rcareaga) - (4)
         That is the single biggest 'duh!'. - (static)
         And when running from a car ... - (drook)
         It has some great special effects - (lincoln)
         Re: Late to "Prometheus" - (jay)

Worth getting into a flame war on the New York Times crossword blog.
53 ms