IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New List of things...
missing? This is to NOT push malraux or anyone else... just trying to nail it down, so if someone actually does get the time and resources to do things...
  • WeeCodes are not supported right now.
  • Statistics aren't anywhere close to being done.
  • Translations from April 1 pranks... not available.
  • Reply as New Thread.
  • Additional certain HTML in this text box.
  • Embedded images support.
Anyone else think of other ones?
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Tasteful ads. A PayPal linky. An Amazon linky.
New Umm....
Tasteful ads are near impossible and Google is really being a cranky SOB about things.

We (some of us) already know his PayPal Address.

And we already know his Amazon wishlist.

I wasn't really trying to get to things paying for them since they already have stated they can't be asked. I just wanted to LIST features still needing re-implementation.

Sorry for not being CLEAR.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New I understood you. :-)
I was trying to force too much into the subject line.

My recollection is that Scott said (when I asked him about it long ago) that the previous Google ads weren't paying that much so he didn't think they were worth the trouble to resurrect. Maybe things have changed now.

By "tasteful ads" I meant text ads or maybe a small column by an ad service on the right or left. Not some screaming banner Flash ad or something.

And the Amazon affiliate or PayPal linky - just something that can let us kick something into the kitty if we feel like it. No pressure on Scott or his minions to keep on pounding on the code at the expense of RealLife™ , but just a little something to show our appreciation. Similar to sending a little something to Digby or Driftglass or TheOatmeal or Malki! or the Red Cross or ... No obligation is demanded.

Scott (and Mike) have been very good to us for a very long time. We can't impose upon their limited time (any more than we already have), but we should be able to thank them for all they've done. And if the money just went into a kitty instead, well then maybe we could hire a coder for a few days to do the enhancements and kill two birds with one stone. And if it ended up only being $50 a year, well they could at least get a couple of passable bottles of wine out of it.

Your list of coding enhancements seemed comprehensive to me; but I don't see it happening without someone devoting their expertise and their time. As you suggested in an earlier thread, we could collect some money over time, but my understanding is that's not Scott's constraint and that's completely understandable. If the time is found to implement your wishlist, maybe adding some widgets that generate some income would help reduce the weight on him without costing much additional time. I dunno.

I hope that clears up where I'm coming from. Others are free offer their HTML, etc., suggestions - I haven't closed the thread. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Concur on all points.. And if I can ship a few $$ to NPR,
ACLU and other worthies, I too would like to cease being a freeloader; while this has been a labor of love by our generous hosts, the PayPal option seems a relatively painless linkie
(but what do I know about any hidden Gotcha!s to that.)

And whatever amounts might accrue could just be left as completely 'discretionary'--maybe bail out a member (or his kid?!) or just grab--as suggested--a decent Merlot. Etc.
And yeah ... <href= ...> makes purty embedded links, but it ain't worth the Time Sink--we *all* realize that there's too-Damn-much other stuff that will rob that extra hour: every day.

Thanks Again, boffins, for your years of nearly-unbreakable L33t scriptographic wizardry. Damn.. how long Has it been, since we ganged up on the IW NT is Great! M$ sell-out?
Lots of Words, ago, that was.

(And the fuels had not the guts even to consider letting our Magicians fix their retarded forum s/ware!)

New MOAR COWBELL
New A search function
Or did I miss it?
     List of things... - (folkert) - (6)
         Tasteful ads. A PayPal linky. An Amazon linky. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Umm.... - (folkert) - (2)
                 I understood you. :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Concur on all points.. And if I can ship a few $$ to NPR, - (Ashton)
         MOAR COWBELL -NT - (pwhysall)
         A search function - (kj3n)

I like my women unassembled, without the hardware already bolted on.
88 ms