IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's wrong with this thought?
"You must understand that litigation is as much a part of business as effective communication or anything else, and you should be mindful that at some point your writing could be subpoenaed," Vernick said.
Is anyone else sad to think that he is most likely right? There is something very wrong with the way we do "business" that you have to approach it like this.

Oh, and of course the guy who said it is a lawyer: "Scott Vernick, a trial attorney who counsels and represents attorneys and law firms in legal ethics for the Philadelphia office of Fox Rothschild O'Brien & Frankel."
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New There's an oxymoron in there, somewhere...
Can you find it?

Here it is:
"Scott Vernick, a trial attorney who counsels and represents attorneys and law firms in legal ethics [...]"

A lawyer who counsels other lawyers in legal ethics.

Who YOU crappin'?

Sheesh!
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New No oxymoron
The ethics are the enforcement of the law. If it can't be enforced against you, it is ethical.

At least to an average lawyer...*

Cheers,
Ben

* I can personally vouch for the existence of lawyers who buck the trend.
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Reminds me of the Dentist in Cryptonomicon...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Unfortunately, this is the perception

I remember going to consultant training when I joined KPMG and one of the axioms that was drilled into us was:

"E-mail is discoverable."

Basically, you don't write anything down that you wouldn't want a plaintiff's attorney to throw in your face.

Tom Sinclair
"Subverting Young Minds Since 03/13/2000"
     Compaq emails may torpedo the merger - (lincoln) - (5)
         What's wrong with this thought? - (drewk) - (4)
             There's an oxymoron in there, somewhere... - (jb4) - (1)
                 No oxymoron - (ben_tilly)
             Reminds me of the Dentist in Cryptonomicon... -NT - (inthane-chan)
             Unfortunately, this is the perception - (tjsinclair)

Jane! Jane, get me off this crazy thing!
38 ms