IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm getting frustrated...
with the human nature. I'm changing my whole approach to always trying to help those that ask. I'm realizing that my life is miserable.

I really try to help those that ask... every time without fail. Its getting me into trouble. Especially, when I'm perceived as a threat to the Old-Boy network or other "friend-work" which some how coordinates people to fight these outsiders to attack with a viciousness that is just unbelievable. Its even when I answer/help in exactly the same way.

Really truly, these people can't be helped, except by those that will reinforce those decisions that are only valid in those "Friend-works". Its not just the Motorcycle peeps I'm talking about. It many different communities/forums/others...

I'm done expending energy and resources of my own. I'm done helping people with little expectation of return and being crapped on in return instead.

Sorry, end of rant and really end of an era in my life.

For those of you that don't really understand this, I've pulled back from Facebook, From the multiple motorcycle forums, the Debian Forums, Most all mailing lists and other places.

Biggest reason: My cars and house were threatened with vandalization (water based paint) and some people were caught in the act of trying and arrested. With a single statement of "This was a message from XXXXXX" (a forum nickname) after they posted my name, address, pictures of my house, dogs, and kids locations in an attempt to deter my "invasion" of their "place" its pretty much worked.

I'm flat out done answering open questions. I'm done trying to answer earnest questions. Its just not worth it to help people that don't want to be helped, even though they ask for it. I'm just done. It is just not worth it.

I am pressing charges and also have a Police request for the information from the forums they frequent and the account info and e-mails and so on... and the IP Address they posted the info from. (Yes, I'm aware they could be using a TOR/False/etc credentials. They aren't that smart though and are cocky)

Cheers.

Update:

Since they posted all of my personal info... which include my publicly available resume...

I have been fighting a 200,000 IP Address rolling DDoS to my work's domain name, and a closely associated customer with us.

I was putting up with 300 requests a second to our site and 20-30 requests per second for the associated site... and those are the ones that actually got through our Web Application Firewalls.

Bleah. Idiots. Stupid effing idiots.
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 23, 2012, 01:47:04 AM EDT
New :-(
That's rough. And uncalled for. I understand you needing to withdraw.

I hope I haven't contributed to your frustration as far as computer-stuff goes.

Hang in there. Best of luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Told you so
You invited me to join in to educate those people.

I told you NO FUCKING WAY, you may be able to scare those people to behave in the real world, but not me, you never know where it leads.

Teasing infected Tasmanian devils maybe somebodies form of fun, but those fuckers bite without reason. That's how I view most of the world.
New Call the feds. They've gone way over the line.
http://denialofservi...ch08lev1sec2.html

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New They are also...
trying to install PHP Rootkits on all of mod_perl only webservers. Plus, our Web Application Firewalls are denying everything.

30-100 attempts per minute across all the vhosts we host.

Also, do you honestly think some law will dissuade them?

Ha. I have also updated the police reports with allegations of these kinds of things going on.

My Nagios is complaining regularly due to the slow responses ... oh how I wish people weren't so damned trivial.
New Getting a visit from the FBI and losing their computers...
might let them know that they've gone too far.

You know much better than me what you're up against. But make sure law enforcement knows about it, somehow. If they don't seen any consequences, they won't stop.

Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New No. they'll just...
flip it around and blame me and go even further.

They make no sense.

I've also noted that mu server in Troy is experiencing huge number of HTTP exploits with PHP (doesn't support it as its not installed mod_php, not mod_python nor mod_perl)

But SSH is laughing and blocking once a failure of 4 times in 2 hours or 8 times in a day occur.
New Your upstream provider can't be happy. Can they help?
New Work... they don;t care...
They just charge us.

My Machine in Troy, MI they just throttle it once it gets to 1TB total cumulative and/or charge the crap out of me.traffic.

Meh.
New Re: I'm getting frustrated...
WOW that sucks big time
sorry to hear all this
hope thing work out
hang in there
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Crap. At least I hope we're behaving better... :-(
New Followup...
So, since I did get the Po-Po involved...

At this point, the person(s) that made the threats online and the people that followed through on those threats nearly in person... are being charge with a multitude of offenses. A couple are apparently indefensible, appeal-able only with special circumstances.

The posting of my Personal Data online without my permission, even though *I* have posted it on my website... is another charge dealing with online fraud across state lines, since my website is in Troy, MI. If it would have been on Google's sites like I was going to do it earlier ... it would have not been applicable.

The people that showed up here, were held until yesterday and a PPO against the MC they are associated with is in effect (I didn't ask for it, but apparently its standard procedure when dealing with cross country things like this and MCs)

The two people involved in posting my Personal Data have had a warrant for seizure of electronics devices used for transmittal of threats and access to e-mail accounts and other various pieces, including cell phones as evidence. The accounts they used at the forums are locked and all posts are (being) archived (one guy has 10's of thousands and should be good for more threats against other people as well)

The coincidental nature of the attacks on work can't be correlated right now, but if based on what they find in the machines and e-mail accounts of these people...

One can only hope, they weren't exactly smart about this. I just hope it doesn't escalate... because as you know people can and do stupid things when inconvenienced.

Personally, I've asked them to make sure that if they can't see this through to just not do anything... since these kinds of people can hold grudges for quite a long time.

Edit:
I was apprised via phone a few minutes ago.
Expand Edited by folkert Sept. 25, 2012, 08:58:01 AM EDT
New Re: Followup...
Well I hope this is a good thing
just be careful
and hope all goes well
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Ditto.
New Ibid.
New Good luck...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New The Guardian: The day I confronted my troll.
http://www.guardian....-confronted-troll

(via a comment on G+)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I honestly doubt...
That this is a 17 year old boy that has MC members backing him up.

Its a good read.
New Agreed. Not the same, but it is an intresting counterpoint.
     I'm getting frustrated... - (folkert) - (18)
         :-( - (Another Scott)
         Told you so - (crazy)
         Call the feds. They've gone way over the line. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             They are also... - (folkert) - (4)
                 Getting a visit from the FBI and losing their computers... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     No. they'll just... - (folkert) - (2)
                         Your upstream provider can't be happy. Can they help? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Work... they don;t care... - (folkert)
         Re: I'm getting frustrated... - (Bman)
         Crap. At least I hope we're behaving better... :-( -NT - (scoenye)
         Followup... - (folkert) - (4)
             Re: Followup... - (Bman) - (2)
                 Ditto. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Ibid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Good luck... -NT - (malraux)
         The Guardian: The day I confronted my troll. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I honestly doubt... - (folkert) - (1)
                 Agreed. Not the same, but it is an intresting counterpoint. -NT - (Another Scott)

Menage a dodecahedron?
136 ms