IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do any phones have flash any more?
iPhones have never had it. Now it's not available for the latest Android. WTF?

[edit] Oops. "Now available" and "Not available" aren't the same. :-/
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Sept. 21, 2012, 09:24:48 AM EDT
New Adobe's phased it out.
HTML5 and poor performance/stability killed it. If you wanted it, you needed to install it by August 15.

http://www.readwrite...n-android-rip.php

The death of mobile Flash follows the rise of HTML5, an open stack of technologies intended to serve as cross-platform standards for media integration on the Internet. Former Apple CEO Steve Jobs famously rejected Flash on iOS devices in favor of HTML5. Android adopted Flash, but the plug-in proved to be problematic, and users often complained of glitchy performance.

Some core Flash technologies will live on in other Adobe products on mobile devices, such as AIR. Some developers use AIR to create media-driven mobile apps, mostly games. Flash as a ubiquitous video standard on the mobile Web will cease to exist, while AIR will live on as a rendering engine in applications built with Adobe.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who wishes there were a SumatraPDF for Android or iOS...)
New I wonder if they're looking for an exit strategy.
And I mean entirely as a browser plugin. They've managed to foist the Linux NSAPI version onto Google who have rebuilt it as a PPAPI plugin, which only Chrome supports ATM (Mozilla have shown no interest in implementing PPAPI and Opera are silent about it).

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New And AIR is a nightmare as well
Unless you're looking for a way to test fan bearings... This thing will easily eat all your CPU cycles doing mostly nothing if the frame rate is too high, but the end user has no control over that.
     Do any phones have flash any more? - (drook) - (3)
         Adobe's phased it out. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I wonder if they're looking for an exit strategy. - (static)
             And AIR is a nightmare as well - (scoenye)

There are some who call me... LRPD.
49 ms