IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Apple v. Samsung jury verdict form.
http://www.eetimes.c...d=NL_EETimesDaily

Who knows what the fallout will be yet, but all of the infringement thus far was on older phones and tablets.

These behemoths should simply cross-license their applicable patents and be done with it. Especially since Apple depends on Samsung for so much of the hardware in their devices...

It'll be interesting to see how this affects WinPhone, if at all. (I suspect the impact there will be trivial.)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who is probably more interested in how NFC and Google Wallet and the like move forward, than these patent battles...)
New The irony:
Samsung was offered a cross-licensing arrangement, the same one that Microsoft took. Microsoft and Apple can use each other's ideas and designs freely.

Samsung turned it down, copied Apple's designs, and now they're paying for it.

The righteous wrath on G+ is amazing, too. There are a lot of very nasty comments, not just about Apple but directed at Apple users as well.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New There is no rage like nerdrage.
New or clueless complaining about things they don't...
have a chance at understanding at all.
New Re: or clueless complaining about things they don't...
I think one of the things that amuses and appals me by turns is the sheer visceral and emotional involvement in the high-level fortunes of two multi-multi-billion-dollar mega-corporations.

If I thought it'd make a blind bit of difference, I'd post "Dudes. Neither Apple nor Samsung give a flying shit about you and your neckbeard's outrage at this verdict; they pay people who earn more in a week than you do in a year to defend themselves. Expend your energy on something more productive and/or fun, like masturbation or origami."
     Apple v. Samsung jury verdict form. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         The irony: - (malraux) - (3)
             There is no rage like nerdrage. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 or clueless complaining about things they don't... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Re: or clueless complaining about things they don't... - (pwhysall)