IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One thing still makes me wonder...
and that's the photos that go along with the biogs ... they've all been photoshopped to an extent - and some of them look pretty fake to me.

The site is so out there... can it be real?

Is anyone expected to take 'a boycott of Piggly-Wiggly' seriously? (Yes I know it's a real chain of shops, but still...)

One quietly wonders if it's a creation of Landover Baptist...
Meerkat the sceptic...
New Last I read, it's 'official' - photos *alone* are no longer
evidence, in US courts. IIRC this was a recent Appellate Court decision. Of course the reason is obvious; not merely PhotoShop. Everything can now be faked. We LOVE fakes. SO much more entertaining than actual life.

{sigh} We all know how reliable is "eye-witness testimony" - ask those pitiful few freed thus far from murder convictions - largely accomplished originally via sweet-deals with accomplices: to lie and convict. No photos w/o "provenance"! Can fingerprints be far behind? (Hear a rumour of That being assailed, too).

Seems that homo-sap is such a certifiably chronic liar: most anything presented in 'evidence' might be BS. Except so far - DNA (and we may be certain that there is great scurrying to find a way to mess with That, SAP).

Just HOPE - you never find self in a 'court', especially if you're a practising Zoroastrian or Cargo Cultist.

Ashton
No You May NOT Take My Picture
New DNA?
Last I heard, the forensic value wasn't really demonstrated.

The science was done on large, fresh, clean samples. The forensics are done on tiny, old, contaminated samples.

DNA is pretty much incontrovertible when there are large, clean samples. Otherwise, well, maybe there has been research I didn't hear about.
I am not a man, I am a free number.
     Just had to share :-) - (pwhysall) - (8)
         Hee hee hee. :) - (Brandioch)
         ROFL - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Landover Baptist is genius - (pwhysall)
         Why do I feel tempted... - (ben_tilly)
         "Professor of Divinity and Theobiology" - (Ashton) - (3)
             One thing still makes me wonder... - (Meerkat) - (2)
                 Last I read, it's 'official' - photos *alone* are no longer - (Ashton) - (1)
                     DNA? - (3))

*pssst* Wanna buy a watch?
111 ms