IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New New (for me) old AC unit
My wife's niece just moved to a house with central air, so they no longer needed their window AC units. Happy to send them my way.

I was told there was a big one and 2 little ones. Not sure what that meant. When i went to pick them up, I saw the big one had a special plug. Just like the 220 line in my office/attic area.

SCORE!

1800 BTUs, not too loud.

I had to strap it to an industrial hand truck (what, doesn't everyone have an industrial hand truck hanging around?) and then the boy and I humped it up the steps, 1 at a time, slowly. I pulled, he pushed.

It fit in the window with 1/2 inch to spare. Phew. I screwed a 2x4 across window frame right above it, to make sure it doesn't move.

I'm going to cut a large duct through the attic ceiling into my bedroom closet, and have a serious cool breeze coming in with no noise. YAY!

New Excellent. Enjoy!
New Re: New (for me) old AC unit
OK so now you'er office and bed room will be cool
What about the rest of the house?? (like you care about that ) and why I'm not come over when it's like 110 in the house
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Already taken care of
There is a 10K unit in the boy's room that also blows into the 1st room.
There is a 6K in the next room.
The next room has another 6K in it.
My bedroom has a 6K, and the middle bedroom has a 6K.
The 18K in the attic can blow down the steps to top it all off.

So the next day that roasts all will be blasting and should cool the whole house off.
     New (for me) old AC unit - (crazy) - (3)
         Excellent. Enjoy! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: New (for me) old AC unit - (Bman) - (1)
             Already taken care of - (crazy)

Ruh-roh...
50 ms