IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Roffle
Well, there're no clicks in "Windows 8 is mildly interesting with a new user interface but you can get to the regular desktop in one click and launch apps dead easy-like", are there?

That article is a load of bollocks pulled out of his arse, if you'll excuse me mexing my mitaphors.

Gabe Newell should shut the fuck up about Windows 8 (which he can't control) and get on with Half Life 3 (which he can). He should definitely shut the fuck up about user interfaces.

"Newell also talked about touchscreens, calling them "short-term" and saying he thinks the future of interaction will be through computerized wristbands." Uh-huh. The computerised wristband with which I control my flying car, no doubt.

And Stardock? Well, Windows 8 takes a giant shit on their business model, so yeah, they're gonna trash-talk it.
New Roffle back
Camel / nose / tent.

The 1st couple of releases will allow for older interfaces. But as time goes on they do NOT want to support multiple pathways and front ends to the same apps, especially when they are betting a huge chunk of cash (and what they think is the future of the company). But they won't simply turn it off. They'll introduce a series of API shims to allow a single core interface library to control it all. But then the shims CANNOT execute the same way, there will be incompatibilities. Since their programming guidelines will always push people to use the new stuff, in such a way it can't be using the old paths it will lock them in. And then they will turn off / break various interfaces to push the programmers along to their preferred direction.

And hope the clueless make enough noise to support them.

To paraphrase someone I occasionally respect, but rarely in programming conversations since he really is clueless and has stated many times in the past he doesn't give a shit about these things or the level of effort the coders have to deal with:

"Non programmers" should shut the fuck up about Windows 8 (which "they" can't control) and get on with "fucking around with their toys that they don't want to understand" ("even when they" can). "They" should definitely shut the fuck up about user interfaces.

teehee

New Heh
Programmers whining about change. Ironically, that's a constant.
New Perspective counts
Programmer: Here is a shitload of work to merely tread in place while MS fucks me over for their own benefit.

Users: Oooooo, shiny.
New Yeah, and?
It's fucking Microsoft.

This is not exactly news.
New Teehee
Or sigh.

1st of all, you tried to argue with his perspective. And you did it in a personal fashion, with little or NO personal perspective that justified your arguments.

Then when it became obvious (at least to me, and I can only assume to you since you moved on) that your perspective was strictly annoyed/selfish (gimme what I want and shut the fuck up), you moved on to insulting the profession in general.

Dude, you are like my daughter bitching about the world around her that she doesn't have the slightest understanding, and no desire whatsoever to take the time and effort to understand it, nor any care to since if she let her ignorant guard down she might have to accept something less than flying ponies. For free. Or if not for free, for far less than the cost of production.

The world doesn't slave for you, you simply lucked out occasionally when your desires meshed with somebody else's production goals in an affordable fashion. And when you bitch about someone pointing out the issues involved, you simply want to shut them down.

Annoying. Needed a response.

The reason the guy is bitching publicly (maybe) is he is trying to prompt a direction change to MS. The only way an outsider can do that is to point out if pushed hard enough, he'll spend his time and money persuing alternatives. If enough people like him to that, then it might be pushed in his desired direction.
New Re: Roffle
http://brontecapital...on-microsoft.html

The video (further down the page) is painful to watch. This is Microsoft's typical user, not you. :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Last comment in the video was classic.
     "Windows 8 is a catastrophe" - (malraux) - (10)
         Even Gartner has come to the same conclusion - (scoenye) - (1)
             Saw that - (malraux)
         Roffle - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Roffle back - (crazy) - (4)
                 Heh - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Perspective counts - (crazy) - (2)
                         Yeah, and? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Teehee - (crazy)
             Re: Roffle - (malraux) - (1)
                 Last comment in the video was classic. -NT - (mmoffitt)

do
head.bang(wall);
while(1);
82 ms