IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More Google Play asshattery
Derp.

The latest snag: if you upload an application APK file, there's no way to replace it with another copy of the same version number.

Why would I want to do this? Well, I made a mistake in packaging and had to build a new copy. Nothing else has changed, so there's no reason to change the version. I also don't want to bump the version because then I would have a different version in Play than I have in the Amazon or Apple stores. I haven't published the app yet, so there's no reason this isn't allowed other than the Play developers couldn't conceive that this is a valid thing to do.

Now, I can delete the old, bad copy first, but there's a snag: if you delete the only APK for an application, all of the associated metadata, images, in-app purchase setup, and so on also gets removed. I made that mistake last week and won't repeat it. I only have one APK uploaded right now so I can't delete it without losing the other work.

As I result I'm forced to cut a "new", older version of the app to upload and keep in Google Play as a decoy placeholder. Then I can delete the version I want to replace without losing the metadata, at which point I can upload the new, current version of the app.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New That's properly spackticated.
It's almost as if Google is inhabited by incredibly clever fuckwits.
New They are.
Amazingly smart, and consequently convinced they know everything about everything and some of that over there too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     More Google Play asshattery - (malraux) - (2)
         That's properly spackticated. - (pwhysall) - (1)
             They are. - (malraux)

Real classics should flash or jiggle or fade to black.
64 ms