IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nexus, S3 or One X
Bear in mind that the S3 and One X really are absolutely mahoosive. It's just as well that you have a huge head; otherwise it'd look like you were talking on an iPad.

Never handled a Nexus.

ETA: Get hold of an S3 and spend some time with the screen. It's pentile. Some people can live with that, some can't.
Expand Edited by pwhysall July 18, 2012, 01:47:44 AM EDT
New Samsung Galaxy Nexus...
with Verizon.

Unlockable and re-flashable without voiding warranty or insurance.

I paid exactly $0 for 4 Samsung Galaxy Nexus Phones. I Paid $100 for the Motorola Razr for Molly... only so it could screen shot. Otherwise she wanted an iPhone 4S 16GB white. She would have paid $200 for it.

Total including the 5 phone and two accessories (screen protector and a belt clip) $150.62. Total without any contract or special pricing or any discounts... would have been right about $3600.

I'm actually paying less for 5 phones plus a Broadband dongle for unlimited text, phone minutes and 8GB of data (shared across all devices) than I was for 2100 minutes and unlimited texts and two data accounts @ $30/month.

So far. 4G-LTE/CDMA seems about the same at my house than it was at 3G/CDMA.

Meh...

But, I will say, all the squawk about JCS and JB seem to be very nice. I just have to get used to where everything is and so do my wife and Daughter and Son-in-law.

Size wise, the Droid-X I have is about ... 1/4" smaller height-wise and 1/8" wider than the Nexus. The Nexus is about... 1/3rd the weight and its also about 1/rd thinner than my Droid-X.

All of my accessories except for the "desk stand" for my Driod-X works with the Nexus. This means my belt carry case works just fine for the new one and I'm very please so far.

The only thing I have to do now... is get my two factor auth setup with my phone for the company stuff.
New Noooo!
Not the belt clip!
New Not me...
Son-in-law had to have one.
New What do you use to carry these huge things around, then?
http://phone-size.com/?s=1%2C2%2C3%2C100

I appreciate the desire to avoid the nerd factor, but how do you carry a modern smart phone around when its not in your hand? Shirt pockets are usually too small (plus there's the risk of them sliding out if you bend over). My front pants pockets are usually filled with keys, memory sticks, pocket knives, change, etc., and I don't think the pockets on a 32"x30" pair of pants would be large enough anyway. My back pants pockets have a wallet and a handkerchief and there's the risk of crushing the thing by sitting on it.

A belt clip of some sort seems to be the only solution.

What am I missing?

Some of us have to do things with both hands during the day and can't carry the thing around like a worry stone or talisman. ;-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who doesn't think "buy clown pants" is a solution. ;-)
     So, my 2 year contract is up in a month... - (folkert) - (10)
         Only way to fly: - (malraux) - (2)
             Unfortunately: Need to stay on Verizon... - (folkert) - (1)
                 Yeah, eck. -NT - (malraux)
         Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         Nexus, S3 or One X - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Samsung Galaxy Nexus... - (folkert) - (4)
                 Noooo! - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     Not me... - (folkert)
                     What do you use to carry these huge things around, then? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I carry a bag - (crazy)

This is a lerpadism.
73 ms