The HTC ONE X and Samsung Galaxy S3 seem to be getting lots of good press, but (if they can ever sell them) Google's phone might be better as you know you'll be getting OS updates.

I dumped my Palm Treo in a sink over the weekend. I was thinking that I might be in the market for a phone, too, but it dried out Ok and seems to be none the worse for wear.

I'm looking for an LTE phone, something that isn't too huge but usable for occasional web stuff, good calendar/reminder/PDA functionality, a decent (but not extraordinary) camera, and ideally a world-capable phone for occasional vacations to Europe and the eastern pacific. And a removable memory device. Tethering would be nice. Good battery life is important (I don't make many calls but move around the building a lot, so I don't want to have to have my phone plugged in during the day). If I find something like that (which I may not be able to) I figure I'll have it a few years (I've never changed cell phone companies and am still on Sprint.) J is on Verizon and likes it, but she only uses it to talk with her sister (no TXT even).

I dunno. I guess I'm waiting to see what the iPhone 5 is like (I think the longer screen with the same width is a good idea, but wonder how pocketable it'll be). And waiting to see if Sprint will actually roll-out its planned LTE stuff...

Best of luck with your search.

Cheers,
Scott.