IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Speaking of Linux...
I'll also post my treatise on why Linux fragmentation doesn't piss off developers any where near as much as Android (which is Linux, basically) fragmentation does.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I've seen variations on that
If I understand it correctly, "basic" Linux has a version. You can assume that a certain version will have at least a certain version of various pieces.

With Android, there are not only more versions, different hardware manufacturers can (and do) decide to include or exclude whatever the hell they want. Not to mention* each device will be tweaked to assume a particular aspect ratio, and any app expecting otherwise will be borked.

That about it? Or is there more?

* Doesn't that phrase virtually always mean that you're just about to mention?
--

Drew
New Nope.
See the hyarge post I just laid above, but the short version is that it comes down to control of the environment. If you're developing for Linux, it is overwhelmingly likely that you are probably creating applications that run internally to a particular organization, and that organization has (or should have) a very controlled, homogenous environment.

When you're developing for mobile apps, you have to hit every possible environment out there.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Android rants - (malraux) - (5)
         And that's why apps are made and sold where they are - (drook) - (3)
             Speaking of Linux... - (malraux) - (2)
                 I've seen variations on that - (drook) - (1)
                     Nope. - (malraux)
         Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for the info. Good luck. -NT - (Another Scott)

We are antisocial. We like things on our own terms. We break stuff for fun. We're judgey.
35 ms