IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Voltage converter?
I have what I BELIEVE is a 240 volt 20AMP NEMA 6-20 line.

http://en.wikipedia....mplified_pins.svg

It is marked AC in the breaker box and has 2 switches joined. Unless there is another ones somewhere in the house I've missed. Can't test it until I plug something in.

I want to take that line and turn it into 120. I see a variety of converters in the 100-200 dollar range (cheaper ones are too low wattage).

Any particular recomendations?
New yeah, make sure its not the a/c fuse/breaker
then pull the joined breakers and replace them with 2 singles. Run a separate 3 wire (hot neutral, ground) from each leg to your destination. Your house should be 240 to the fusebox then stepped down from there. Look to see how the power is distributed from the meter to the fuse box and how it breaks out the 120 legs from there. Make each side of the joined switches look like the other 120 circuits. Also you may just add a new panel to the outlet end, see diagram http://homerepair.ab...40v_breaker_4.htm
you dont need a converter, just step it
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New also buy a decent multi meter before you do anything
electricity is pretty dumb, shove a wire up it ass and its eyes should light up. Skip had a portable drill that kept eating batteries so Doc and I rigged it to a car battery, works like a charm. Battery charger to battery to drill. Never gets tired
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     Voltage converter? - (crazy) - (2)
         yeah, make sure its not the a/c fuse/breaker - (boxley) - (1)
             also buy a decent multi meter before you do anything - (boxley)

I am Xatptipltical, Frog God of Crap!
31 ms