IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Moving to Minnesota
The house foreclosure moves on. I know I have the place until August 6, after that it's up in the air. Probably several more months. But I'd rather move on my own schedule, so I'm planning to head out at the end of the month.

Job hunting is under way. I have a job offer in place at another Massage Envy. Hope I won't have to take it, but I have it just in case. Recruiters are making happy noises about my PHP programming skills, stale as they are.

The big problem: I have cats and I don't think I'll be able to bring them. I REALLY hate the idea of finding them new humans, but I think that's what I have to do.
---------------------------------------
Badass! (and delicious)
New thats rough, hope it works out somehow for teh kitties
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Hang in there.
I'm sorry you're going through all that. :-(

It's good you've got a fallback. I too hope it's not necessary.

Anne Laurie at Balloon-Juice does "pet blegs" to help connect pets with new owners. E.g. http://www.balloon-j...-bleg-miami-area/ You might drop her a line so that she can post something, if other options don't pan out.

Best of luck. We're pulling for you.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Can quite empathize.. daily.
Rescuing/feeding and such indeed saves lives.. but connecting an initially wary, scared cat with someone who can see that the fear will fade as the regular meals + TLC continue a bit
--requires more imagination than some possess.

Still, good matches Are found, though rarely when "in a hurry"-- as always.

(If bringing them is at all re $$, please say. Funds for that.. can be found, even from these parts;
it's part of the general raison d'etre for all cohorts who 'rescue'.)

Luck
.hr

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
New Re: Can quite empathize.. daily.
These two do not know fear, except for that big room without a roof. And something that comes into the house from time to time that I can't see. Minnie falls in love with pretty much any not-actively-hostile human after about 3 seconds. Hela stays aloof for several minutes.

On the $$, that's not the issue, but thanks. The generosity to the cats means a lot to me. I found options for one de-clawed cat, but I'd rather take chances on a local shelter than maim and separate my unholy army of the night.

I think I might find them new humans that I can trust. That's why I'm looking now. I move in a month, unless I get an earlier hit on the job hunt.
Badass! (and delicious)
New Update
I'm pretty sure the cats have a new home. Somebody I used to work with. Very responsible.

So I'm feeling much better.

Now, about packing and getting rid of stuff, that's another story. But not one I care so much about.
Badass! (and delicious)
New Excellent. It's hard finding homes for cats.
Last summer a local semi-feral cat who was being fed by a neighbor got pregnant. She was probably less than a year old. She had 3 kittens and adopted us for our garage to keep them in. We got Cookie (named by the neighbor)spayed and found some one in the village who recently lost a cat to take all three kittens. We were getting a little panicky until we found a taker. Cookie is still living with the neighbor.
New Good news. Thanks. Best of luck with the sorting.
I'm going through a bit of sorting myself - too much stuff... It feels good to not be a prisoner of accumulated things, but it take a while to go through everything.

Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Good on You!
You have your priorities straight, but I expected that :-0

If prospective new owner is at all vacillating.. maybe a few 'cute things this cat did last week' quips can ,er--set the hook?
Fingers crossed..
New Re: Update
I like chucking stuff away. (OK, I give lots of stuff away to charity etc, rather than just binning it, because I hate waste, but you get the idea)

It's a cleansing and affirming thing to do.

Because it's only stuff.

(Although you'll prise my camera from my cold, dead hands...)
     Moving to Minnesota - (mhuber) - (9)
         thats rough, hope it works out somehow for teh kitties -NT - (boxley)
         Hang in there. - (Another Scott)
         Can quite empathize.. daily. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: Can quite empathize.. daily. - (mhuber)
         Update - (mhuber) - (4)
             Excellent. It's hard finding homes for cats. - (hnick)
             Good news. Thanks. Best of luck with the sorting. - (Another Scott)
             Good on You! - (Ashton)
             Re: Update - (pwhysall)

Idiocy is relative.
72 ms