IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Business' New Killer App: The Web?
The web is changing things faster than the fax machine ever did. Everything from training, order entry, communications, marketing, customer service, etc is changing right in front of our eyes since 1995 or so, wouldn't you agree?
[link|http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/apr2002/tc20020415_3981.htm|
Business' Killer App: The Web]
"No, this isn't Dot-Com Delusion Act II. It means adding a couple of points to profit margins -- and that's nothing to deride these days"
New "Let's do the Time Warp, again...."
Funny, I thought I heard 1996 calling...
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New 1991. 92 maybe
Remember a business plan we designed to get grant money, use html to design tourist brochures for Alaskan Towns and distributing them via the internet. Was told by the AK dept of Science and Technology that no one would use such a technology and denied funding.
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New I think your memory is playing tricks on you
91, 92 were when HTML was in the process of being invented. The first commercial website was O'Reilly's GNN in 1993.

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New You are correct
We were using a hyper text markup language based on the concepts found in Word processing where you could search on a word and go there. I remember that mosiac was being discussed as a browser after we had started to save some time and that was 93. It was before January 94 because that is when I started my oen business.
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     Business' New Killer App: The Web? - (brettj) - (4)
         "Let's do the Time Warp, again...." - (jb4) - (3)
             1991. 92 maybe - (boxley) - (2)
                 I think your memory is playing tricks on you - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     You are correct - (boxley)

I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
41 ms