IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Looks like Peter will have to buy a new phone.
WP8 won't run on current Windows phones.

http://www.computerw...roblem_for_Nokia_

Computerworld - Windows Phone 8, coming in the fall, won't run on existing Windows Phones, Microsoft said during the launch of the smartphone operating system Wednesday.

As a result, analysts expect sales of existing Windows Phone models to get battered in the coming months, creating acute problems for the ailing Nokia, which makes Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 7.5.

"Because Windows Phone 7 is not truly upgradeable to Windows Phone 8, this could have a negative impact on sales of existing WP7 smartphones, Nokia's Lumia devices in particular," said Malik Saadi, an analyst at Informa Telecoms & Media, on Thursday.

[...]

Should we expect a phone from MS, too?

Cheers,
Scott.
New ah, good old windows
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Wait, what's that?
Oh, right... the sound of Microsoft chucking their existing userbase overboard.

I wonder if Nokia will survive being Microsoft's partner for much longer.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yep
My next phone will be an iPhone, unless the new crop of WP8 phones (in 18 months time when my contract is up) are floor-stompingly, jaw-droppingly, pant-wettingly awesome. And mind-blowingly cheap.

Shame.

My Lumia is a lovely bit of kit.
New Ha! Nobody *learns* (Osborne II.. Osborne II.. Osborne II)
Committed seppuku by showing, announcing the sucker--with warehouse full of *I*s

Guess Redmond is as disconnected from real-Liff-beyond-Redmond as always: the suckers have inbred into rampant hæmophilia!

Good--notch one more for Ed Curry comeuppance?
     Looks like Peter will have to buy a new phone. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         ah, good old windows -NT - (Bman)
         Wait, what's that? - (malraux)
         Yep - (pwhysall)
         Ha! Nobody *learns* (Osborne II.. Osborne II.. Osborne II) - (Ashton)

Tool-wielding ape on board.
62 ms