1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just walking carbon bags of water and chemicals
Deal with it!

> but in other ways it isn't any better than when we first came out of the
> caves and started to build stuff.

"Some argued that they should never have left the trees, and others claimed that even the trees were a big mistake and that they should never have left the ocean."

Just think how much better the world would be if there were no religions in the first place... Why can't you Christian and Muslim types behave like the Buddhists? You never hear anything from the Buddhists. They just go about their lives minding their own business. Novel idea that.
lister
New Why should we?
I should have a right to voice my opinion just like anyone else.

Would you rather we Christians go door to door like the Jehova Witnesses, or Mormons? Or give out flowers and phanplets like the Hari Kristnas? Instead of the usual outburst of opinion, etc?

I tried holding it in, but it hurts real bad.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New But what you are reading is
*Making* you sick. [with anticipation] Notice? *Like* being sick ?? Think it's the only Way to hang-out here: a waitin fer the Final Judgment of all the inane stuff you (and everybody who ever lived) manage to 'do' ??? So's you can Really Live -- after You Be Daid?

Misery loves company: *that* is why it is peddled door-to-door. You ARE what you 'believe' you are.

Sadly..

Ashton
I Believe -

I'll have a glass of Schrammsburg blanc des noirs.
(Whether or Not God will be made 'happy' by this choice.)
New Not a problem
Well, the theory is that the end-time is a Good Thing, at least for the righteous.

Unfortunately, I'm not righteous enough to think that way. Fortunately, I take the concept that God has His own non-human-scaled idea of time more seriously than I do the idea that event X corresponds to event X' in a coded comentary on the bloody politics of certain long-dead tyrants in a way that implies the world will be ending spectacularly any time soon.

The end-times are always here. My own world will be ending soon enough, my world-view will be destroyed by new evidence or further thought even sooner.

Orion, focusing on end-times is not, from my understanding of your mental state (and I know a thing or two about depression, in theory, in people near to me, and by bitter pain-filled personal experience) a profitable perspective. Besides, it is out of season. Save it for autumn. This is the season of beginnings, of life sprouting from the rotten crud that was revealed when the snow melted.
I am not a man, I am a free number.
New Ask yourself this question.
"What can I do about this problem?" By this problem, I mean (in your opinion) impending end times.

Then do it. If you can't do anything about it, then don't sweat it.

If I knew that the world was about to end, I'd make the best of it. Spend time with friends 'n family, enjoy myself, and in fact, go on like things weren't going to end. Especially in the case of uncertainty - the world might end, and it might not. If you aren't certain, then don't sweat it!
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New The answer is
that I do not know what I can do to avoid it. Got any ideas?

New Then don't try to avoid it.
If the end of the world is indeed coming, then there's nothing you can do about it. What good is it going to do you to worry about it?

Please note I'm not saying to internalize it - just that IMO if God is going to end the world, he doesn't want all his True Believers having a cow about it.

#disclaimer I am not a prophet of God, Allah, Yaweh, or any other known diety.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Have a cow or warn others?
I welcome the end of evil, etc. Just that there are a lot of people I am unsure of and that might need another chance to do good.

Nothing I can do about it by myself, but as a group with others, we can make the world a better place.

New In case of rapture
Can I have your car?
I am not a man, I am a free number.
New Damn, I was going to use that one...
...if you had used the usual one... :)
New I promised it to my brother-in-law who is a Buddist
as long as I am not driving the car when it happens. :)

The end of times is coming. - (orion) - (20)
         In a lot of ways, the world has never been better. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             But our souls are suffering - (orion) - (13)
                 Just walking carbon bags of water and chemicals - (lister) - (10)
                     Why should we? - (orion) - (9)
                         But what you are reading is - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Not a problem - (3))
                         Ask yourself this question. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                             The answer is - (orion) - (5)
                                 Then don't try to avoid it. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                                     Have a cow or warn others? - (orion) - (3)
                                         In case of rapture - (3)) - (2)
                                             Damn, I was going to use that one... - (inthane-chan)
                                             I promised it to my brother-in-law who is a Buddist - (orion)
                 Speak for youself - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     I am speaking for myself - (orion)
         A hint about Prophets - (3)) - (3)
             I never said I was a Prophet - (orion) - (2)
                 When you pick bloodthirsty novellas for entertainment - (Ashton)
                 I didn't mean you. - (3))
         Are you just trying to chear me up? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Able to chew and walk gum at the same time.
68 ms