1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The wife call for the repair guy.
So I'll watch this one.
New Ok, fixed
I paid $250 for the education.
Last time around it cost about $80 and 2 days.
New Re: Ok, fixed
So, the insides were packed with lint and the thermostat was burned out, right? Or did something complicated go wrong?
New $250? I would have forked over another hun and bought new
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New I was a bit surprised at the cost range.
Bought one a few months ago: $150, I think it was. Tumbles with heat and has a timer. That's all I need.

Top of the range was nudging $1000. As well being bigger, these could dry things like dry the air.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Thought about it
But after the move, the finances hit the edge. Not sure how much a new one would cost, but this one is BIG. Matches the washer, and as I was filling the washer, I realised I couldn't. We hadn't done laundry in a week, and I was unable to find enough dark clothes to fill the washer. I ended up filling it out with towels.

And this should last another 15 years or so. And if not, I know how to take it apart. In this case it simply needed the belt replaced. Yes, I paid someone $250 for a belt.

And he cleaned out all the lint with my shopvac.

M already made the appt when I told her I planned on taking it apart myself, and at that point I was $70 in. So another $180 sucked, but I'd already sunk the $70.
Expand Edited by crazy May 11, 2012, 10:22:38 PM EDT
New Lint...
We had ours repaired several months ago. The insides, where you can't access without major disassembly, was packed with lint. The repairman says that the filter stops about 2/3 of the lint. I am supposed to take the top and front off and vacuum out the lint on an annual basis. Lint buildup causes our machine tends to overheat internally and have poor performance until the thermostat controlling the heating coils burns out. Not terribly hard to fix, but you need to know which part to get and what was wrong to begin with. Experience helps, but it can be expensive to acquire. I figure if it only costs money, I'm getting off easy.
     Remember when I fixed the dryer in my old house? - (crazy) - (8)
         There are lots of great online repair sites these days. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             The wife call for the repair guy. - (crazy) - (6)
                 Ok, fixed - (crazy) - (5)
                     Re: Ok, fixed - (hnick)
                     $250? I would have forked over another hun and bought new -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         I was a bit surprised at the cost range. - (static)
                         Thought about it - (crazy) - (1)
                             Lint... - (hnick)

Can bitching and moaning atone?
50 ms