IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New doesnt the mb have a video built in? I wouldnt pay that much
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Not this one.
AMD has "Fusion" CPU chips with built-in video. The FX-8150 isn't one of them. No on-board video either. The video card could be used with a Hackintosh, if we decide to go that route later.

http://www.asus.com/...X/#specifications

Yeah, it's a lot of money, and it's hard to push the button. But it should last a long while, and, more importantly, I shouldn't need to mess with it after it's set up (e.g. I won't need to add RAM for a while, if ever, and there's an abundance of disk space (for my uses, anyway)).

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I recall when this was fun..
..Get the One-Point grounding correct when the mobo goes in, route the ribbon cables with airflow in mind, torque fasteners with intelligence ... craftsmanship! even if it's just 'assembly', eh?

Alas, my addiction to the beautiful laissez faire of the world's biggest laptop.. renders that game (por moi) no longer even attractive.
(In future I could ponder a Hackintosh route) though I remain wary of the/any peculiarities demanding excessive lore to install/maintain + the ever unpredictability of ...
Apple cracking down re. any future OS or other upgrades: recall Doze 3.11--created expressly to include 'error messages' to the untutored that,
"this software is designed for best operation with MSDOS"
--goodbye superior DRDOS (and all their lore, demonstrably superior to the Redmond kinders'.)
Mediocrity--as Murican as apple pie or rubber-cheese on that hormonal-stuffed beefburger.

OTOH, my Win98 never got pwned and the iMac did!
(And Apple handled this first widespread example with (my) expected aplomb. Loved It.)

Happy nit-picky assemblage. Feels Good! when you flip that switch and Ubuntu springs to liff!!
Oh wait.. :-0

.hr

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
New Thank God for FreeDos...
Only means I had to flash my laptop's BIOS this morning.

I think I want to live in the 80s, when TSRs in DOS ruled. :-/

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Terminate and Stay Resident, er..
Our very own President Alzheimers sorta did this!
(Ya never know when IT savvy can help with social issues...

:-0
.hr

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
     Close to pulling the trigger on a new AMD PC build for home. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         doesnt the mb have a video built in? I wouldnt pay that much -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             Not this one. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 I recall when this was fun.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Thank God for FreeDos... - (static) - (1)
                         Terminate and Stay Resident, er.. - (Ashton)
         Ordered. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Assembled today. What's the recommended Linux these days? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Linux Mint. - (folkert) - (2)
                     Thanks. Cinnamon or MATE? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Your choice. - (folkert)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

143 ms